HAGEN REVIEW - about 30 hours in...

Hehehe, just bought Steve K's Hagen, this will be my second one. I gave my first one up for a spot on the first run CCV's and some cash.
Back in the club now, I couldn't live without it!

pstar and bwgintegra - WELCOME TO SONIC NIRVANA!!!

C'mon, ya GOTSTA admit, this is one seriously BITCHIN' MOFO of an amp, no!?!?!

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! :rock: :rock: :rock:

Mojo... LOVIN' MY HAGEN!!!!!

Yesterday during rehearsal I suddenly felt a presence behind me. The Hagen seemed to grin and stare at me with evil glance. Suddenly I heard a voice in my head saying " Is this really all you can give?? Turn me louder!! I know you also want it!! Turn me louder!!".

I need to see a doctor...

Sigh, this is all so tempting when I have zero cash to spend on amps. I'll have to ask Jamie @ Diezel UK what the trade-in value for my prototype Einstein is... Only minor spanner in works is that I also want to get a mini tube amp and an old valve amp for various other projects. Ah well. :(

(and just to jump in to the clean debate that clean on that amp kicks the Herb's ass! :LOL: :LOL: )

hairychris444":2pn14r6n said:
Sigh, this is all so tempting when I have zero cash to spend on amps. I'll have to ask Jamie @ Diezel UK what the trade-in value for my prototype Einstein is... Only minor spanner in works is that I also want to get a mini tube amp and an old valve amp for various other projects. Ah well. :(

(and just to jump in to the clean debate that clean on that amp kicks the Herb's ass! :LOL: :LOL: )
Try and keep the Einy... But also try and stash a bit of cash away for the Hagen.

Peace :salute:

FWIW, as per a few PMs that have drifted into my inbox, I'll be doing some clips of this rig this weekend, and should have 'em up Sunday night, Monday day. Straight up, no FX for the most part, clean - crunch - gain - rippin'. Mostly soundtest material, as per the request of these PMs - probably no backing drums or the like - just naked.

Lookin' forward to it.

Same goes for the 20thA XTC if you're at all interested (see Bogner section for these).

Namaste,
Mojo :rock: :rock: :rock:

hairychris444":1yyuabti said:

Keep it or please sell it back to me. It is awesome.

Btw: Hagen's clean and 2nd channel are awesome. Best channels Peter has ever made IMO.
Channel 3 and 4 are typical Diezel IMO.

hairychris444":16by3jj5 said:
I'll have to ask Jamie @ Diezel UK what the trade-in value for my prototype Einstein is...

Grill in front and reverb...............
I wish they where standard features in production line.
Do yourself a favor and keep the amp or else do ME a favor and pass it to me.

am admitting my dear cousin, hagen is the answer. Just working out the cab. and drivers to pair this jet fighter with. Got 6x12 on my mind, bottom with separate baffles and larger for more bottom end. EV 12L Zake's, tops undecided still, gold's, ev's, scumbacks, guass if i can find any. i don't know.

pstar":g3je4l4f said:
am admitting my dear cousin, hagen is the answer. Just working out the cab. and drivers to pair this jet fighter with. Got 6x12 on my mind, bottom with separate baffles and larger for more bottom end. EV 12L Zake's, tops undecided still, gold's, ev's, scumbacks, guass if i can find any. i don't know.
Sounds like you're on the right track, dude...

I got the clips, played hours yesterday, and am chopping them down into sensible bits right now. Loved it.

Peace,
Mojo

hagen is now in my rehersal room, with a custom 4x12 cab loaded with ev's and it kills it, unbelievable clean channel, all my prized fenders are on sale. It may become into my A rig status, But do not want to lose an amp from there. choices choices. (61/62/64/65//67/68 deluxes, 66 bandmaster, 65 twin, 71 pro, princeton on the block )

I've got a number of great amps, but when it came to what to lend to a friend for an upcoming tour, the Hagen won out, and he got raves on his tone at every stop. Many people on this largely west coast tour had not heard of Diezel before, and were in awe. The guy is endorsed by another amp company, so I'm not outing him here. And it's not about him anyway. The Hagen deserves all the praise it gets.

Back