(Video) Speaker Comparison: Brand New vs Broken In

Del Rei

Hi there! :rock:

I bought a brand new Creamback65 two months ago and decided to make this comparison. I recorded some samples when I received the speaker. And after 2 months using the speaker, I recorded same samples with same gear conditions/settings.

And I would say I used a lot this speakers in 2 months...

I can't hear too much of a difference. Maybe a just a tad bit more highs on the new speaker? I will say you make great sounding videos man, I always enjoy your clips brother. :rock:

errrrrl":2g1vmmof said:
I can't hear too much of a difference. Maybe a just a tad bit more highs on the new speaker? I will say you make great sounding videos man, I always enjoy your clips brother. :rock:
Thanks man!! :rock:

Actually, I can tell ZERO difference between these clips.
And it was hard to remember all the riffs and samples recorded two months ago... LOL

Those Creamback 65w G12M's take A LONG TIME to break in. I've got two here. They went into my break in box for 4-5 days and it hardly made a difference. They're still stiff as hell.

Scumback Speakers":3a0x4hde said:
Those Creamback 65w G12M's take A LONG TIME to break in. I've got two here. They went into my break in box for 4-5 days and it hardly made a difference. They're still stiff as hell.
Brutal speakers.
No amount of pounding loosened them up, so out the door they went.

Actually, I really like the C65 speaker. But as I'm using only it in the past two months, I kind of lost my references of the other speakers I have (V30, C75 and Greenback). Soon I will compare the C65 with my others.

Sick Squid":229y7ipx said:
Brutal speakers. No amount of pounding loosened them up, so out the door they went.

How long did you pound on them and at what volume do you figure? I had mine going for 4-5 days at 30w, 24/7 with a variac at 60 cycles.

Scumback Speakers":3pzqvftj said:
Sick Squid":3pzqvftj said:
Brutal speakers. No amount of pounding loosened them up, so out the door they went.

How long did you pound on them and at what volume do you figure? I had mine going for 4-5 days at 30w, 24/7 with a variac at 60 cycles.

Hey, man... :rock:
As I said in first post, 2 months. I received it in February. I did not use everyday, but at least 3x on week.
I did some home recordings, rehearsals, live situations... If that is not able to break in... :cry:

Del Rei":1izrl1qv said:
Hey, man... :rock:
As I said in first post, 2 months. I received it in February. I did not use everyday, but at least 3x on week.
I did some home recordings, rehearsals, live situations... If that is not able to break in... :cry:
I saw your post. But I was asking Sick Squid how long he played his before he sold them.

Scumback Speakers":2hvt5ygl said:
Playing at decent volume was making no difference, so I hooked them up to the powerful hifi and put recent release AC/DC Black Ice on repeat - I can still hear the opening riff to Rock N Roll Train, as it was booming. The 2x12 was placed face-to-face with an identical cab then insulated and blasted all day, then for many days after, looking for a change. I have half a memory of going for 50 hours. Playing them in again afterwards, I gave them a good run and felt they were just as before. I had much better results with the 75s.

Sick Squid":w5i8sot6 said:
Scumback Speakers":w5i8sot6 said:
Brutal speakers.
No amount of pounding loosened them up, so out the door they went.

Same....I am just not a fan of these at all.

Back