What’s the first album to use Mesa Rectifier

Holy smokes, I'd never heard this album. Thanks for sharing! It's killer!
It popped up on my iTunes the other day. It’s been fun for me to go back to some of these early to mid 90’s albums by some of the “hair metal” bands. Some of it is some real bad ass shit. I remember listening to these back when they game out, but I was entranced by the Seattle doom and gloom when albums like this one and the self titled Motley Crue (w/ Corabi) and Warrant’s Dog Eat Dog came out. All of those albums plus this one from Winger had some killer rock tone and was way more aggressive than their 80’s stuff.

(Mix of amps, but core amp is SLO.)

(This also sounds like SLO to me. Or Boogie MKIII.)

Great thread. I think Tool even used it on their Opiate EP in 1992 per this tracking sheet:

A534B309-DCEA-4163-B068-CDC82CE950CE.JPG

Deicide used Rectos on Legion, released in June of ’92. Very peculiar guitar tone on that album, but cool in an “off” sort of way. I saw them a few times in those days and I always thought their tone needed a kick in the ass, so perhaps they weren’t boosting them? Not certain…

Deicide used Rectos on Legion, released in June of ’92. Very peculiar guitar tone on that album, but cool in an “off” sort of way. I saw them a few times in those days and I always thought their tone needed a kick in the ass, so perhaps they weren’t boosting them? Not certain…
Not Acording to the Hoffman Brothers when i asked them at a show in Tampa back then. & not at the shows i saw them play. They were using old rack systems.

EDIT: I Felt the need to edit this cause when i asked them they were high on coke or something so maybe they just couldn't remember. those dudes were insane back in the day.

Last edited:
Not Acording to the Hoffman Brothers when i asked them at a show in Tampa back then. & not at the shows i saw them play. They were using old rack systems.

EDIT: I Felt the need to edit this cause when i asked them they were high on coke or something so maybe they just couldn't remember. those dudes were insane back in the day.
I may be wrong. I saw them a couple times on the Legion tour and they had Recto stacks each time, so I kind of assumed that’s what they used. They also had the same peculiar tone live as on the album.
My buddy did some touring with them way back, and has some hilarious stories about those guys, especially Eric. He was a roided out fucking psycho. Hahahaaaa

I may be wrong. I saw them a couple times on the Legion tour and they had Recto stacks each time, so I kind of assumed that’s what they used. They also had the same peculiar tone live as on the album.
My buddy did some touring with them way back, and has some hilarious stories about those guys, especially Eric. He was a roided out fucking psycho. Hahahaaaa
Yeah man, when i asked them about thier gear. he said " Hold on, i'm looking at a girl i wanna rape" Dude started talking super fast after that. i lived in South Florida(west palm beach) for years before moving but you know coked out when you see it.

Back