What are your favorite hard rock bands from the 90's that you still like to listen to?

Here are some of mine not in any particular order but I feel these bands have staying power due to the material written/performed. I caught a concert video the other night from 2013 Soundgarden and I thoroughly enjoyed it, I know Soudgarden's guitars are not big solo's but the riffs and song structures/vocal were massive and just hit like a ton of bricks.......

Alice In Chains
Soundgarden
King's X
Rage against the Machine
Badlands
Stone Temple Pilots

Pretty much this but take out Rage and put in Pearl Jam (though their politics are starting to wear on me). My favorite of all time is, of course, the mighty King's X.

Lynch Mob & Don Dokken up from the ashes are favorites.
In my opinion UFTA is one of the best albums on Don's career if not thee best and im a fan of all his stuff.

That solo Don disc is killer. I was wayyy late to that party. I remember when Mirror, Mirror came out, but I never listened to the rest of the album. I was more in the Lynch camp with Lynch Mob. But yeah, that disc may be the best thing Don ever did.

That solo Don disc is killer. I was wayyy late to that party. I remember when Mirror, Mirror came out, but I never listened to the rest of the album. I was more in the Lynch camp with Lynch Mob. But yeah, that disc may be the best thing Don ever did.
Ditto on all counts & agreed +1.

Ditto on all counts & agreed +1.
There’s some ferocious guitar playing on that album. Norum and White are the most underrated hard rock duo ever. They really complimented each other very well. Sometimes it’s hard to know who’s playing what. But it’s all bad ass.

AiC
Soundgarden
Rage Against the Machine
Infectious Grooves
I Mother Earth
CoC (I know technically 80s, but I started with Deliverance)
Crowbar
Type O Negative
White Zombie
Candlebox
Gov’t Mule
Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band
Tool

probably a bunch more.

Not metal but a guilty pleasure of mine was the band Marvelous 3 who came out in the late 90’s. “Hey! Album” and “ReadySexGo” are rock/pop punk/whatever you want to call it perfection. Butch Walker and the other 2 members were in the late 80’s hairband Southgang.

I know these guys aren't super hard rock but I enjoyed their tunes. Doyle Bramhall II is a monster player....................... I see him years ago his solo performance on Austin City Limits but I haven't been able to find any excerpts from it for a long time , it was a great show.

Back