What's the Klon clone to get?

I have the j rockett silver archer, ehx soul food, RYRA, decibelics golden horse and golden royale. Best of the bunch is the golden royale, but its expensive so it better be lol. Haven't tried the Rimrock yet but I intend to pick one up.
Ya, I have a decibelics golden horse and I’m on the waiting list for the Golden Royale.
How would you describe the GR benefits compared to the Golden Horse Bro?
… other than the obvious 2 channels.
Is it sonically superior?

Well I’m not a smart man, but I think it’s because the exact parts are no longer made. But others probably know more than I…
The exact diodes and chip used in the original can still be found. The Panasonic caps cannot but are nothing special. Th me differences in sound can be attributed to part tolerances

Lots of interesting options to read about! Thank you guys.

Quick question, what do you guys use your Klons for? Anyone using them for high-gain chuggah chuggah rhythms?

Last edited:
Ya, I have a decibelics golden horse and I’m on the waiting list for the Golden Royale.
How would you describe the GR benefits compared to the Golden Horse Bro?
… other than the obvious 2 channels.
Is it sonically superior?

It's been a while since I've used either one, but I remember the low end on the GR was much more pleasing and "tighter" even with the bass boost engaged. It also has a lot more gain available compared to the golden horse.

It's been a while since I've used either one, but I remember the low end on the GR was much more pleasing and "tighter" even with the bass boost engaged. It also has a lot more gain available compared to the golden horse.
Nice, sounds good bro, something to look forward to when my name comes up on his list.
Decibelics build quality is absolutely breathtaking and I finally got a chance to compare to a real Gold Klon…
Have to be honest, there were some things I liked (slightly) more about the Klon but also, there are some things I liked more with the decibelics…
But they were extremely close and at first, I couldn’t really hear any difference when I set them up the same way, but after four or five back and forth switches, I could feel and hear slightly different personalities, but certainly all in the same 5% window of perfection.
This is what finally sold me on the Decibelics, I don’t know of any other ones that maybe would be close or closer but it certainly wouldn’t be much.
I think I will stick with Guillem @ Decibelics.
His build quality, sonic perfection and his sincere professionalism have sold me.

Last edited:
Reactions: lol
Lots of interesting options to read about! Thank you guys.

Quick question, what do you guys use your Klons for? Anyone using them for high-gain chuggah chuggah rhythms?
I have a few and tend to use the Rockett Archer Icon.

I use it with my NMV amps or amps set to crunch to play lead. It's about the feel as much as the sound.
It's okay for chug but wouldn't be my first choice.

Just got the CKK Scream Honey and it's awesome, been using the Jeff Beck JRockett Archer which is a great pedal as well.

thumbnail.jpeg

I read on their instagram page they've retired this pedal. Ugh!

I've got the JB Archer but haven't put it through it's paces yet.
Yeah they were a limited run. Something to do with some of the NOS parts that were used to build them. I was fortunate to make the list and received one of the last builds. It's so transparent, really dig it. The JB Archer was my go to and it will stay on my board.

Last edited:
SP+ by TL Pedals... it even has a separate clean boost (cleanest I've heard), as well as germanium and silicon clipping (or you can bypass).

Back