What's the Klon clone to get?

Just got the CKK Scream Honey and it's awesome, been using the Jeff Beck JRockett Archer which is a great pedal as well.

View attachment 91932
I have one as well and it is indeed a great pedal. Are they supposed to be a Klon clone or more of its own thing? I've never went down the Klon rabbit hole to be able to tell just by plugging into a pedal if it's a Klon-type, but I have played a Klon KTR, Wampler Tumnus, and Protone Royal OD in the past. It's just been years and they all sounded different from each other anyway lol.

Lots of interesting options to read about! Thank you guys.

Quick question, what do you guys use your Klons for? Anyone using them for high-gain chuggah chuggah rhythms?
Here is short phone clip of KTR with Hot Rod 50. I like KTR most of all clones because it is Finnegan clone and he knows best how klon should sound, right ?

Here is short phone clip of KTR with Hot Rod 50. I like KTR most of all clones because it is Finnegan clone and he knows best how klon should sound, right ?

KTR has been my favorite too. It just adds the right amount of 'everything'

Anyone here using the Wish Klon clones, which seller is the best to buy from.Are they worth the asking price?

The KTR is made from easily available common parts and from a material and schematic difference is so different than most clones. That said, it has a lot of surface mount parts to cut costs.

From a technical standpoint it’s a no brainer. Machine made KTR top. Man made with premium parts bottom

image sharing

Decibelics is best one Ive tried, better than RYRA, (in my opinion), but it’s subjective.
I haven’t tried a lot of the ones you guys are talking of tho…
Most are 1:1 clones. The tumnus adds bass to the circuit that screws with the transparency. The Mythical Overdrive while sharing the same overall design has 16 subtle component variants to fine tune it. I liked it so much better than other clones that I cloned the clone and made 2 of them :D . Both are on pedal boards of professional musicians that have owned real Klons.

Picked up a Rimrock Mythical OD with the toggle switch. My new favorite! I rescind my RYRA recommendation and say go for the Rimrock.

Yeah, it's the most like an original IMO.

At least the parts tolerances of the original I abed it with.

Reactions: lol
Most are 1:1 clones. The tumnus adds bass to the circuit that screws with the transparency. The Mythical Overdrive while sharing the same overall design has 16 subtle component variants to fine tune it. I liked it so much better than other clones that I cloned the clone and made 2 of them :D . Both are on pedal boards of professional musicians that have owned real Klons.

Agreed about the tumnus. I personally don't like the extra bass.

But I recommend it to bedroom players all the time because of that exact reason.

Just got the CKK Scream Honey and it's awesome, been using the Jeff Beck JRockett Archer which is a great pedal as well.
I have the Ikon and Rockaway but never heard of a JB model? And when I just tried to go to the JRockett website to check I found nothing but a Chinese shopping site—wtf?

I have the Ikon and Rockaway but never heard of a JB model? And when I just tried to go to the JRockett website to check I found nothing but a Chinese shopping site—wtf?
Yeah I got mine on Reverb, it's called the Jeff Archer (Jeff Beck Mod). I see Sweetwater has them too. I could not tell you the difference between the Jeff Archer and the regular Archer because I've never tried the regular Archer. I just really dig the sound of the Jeff Archer.

I have one as well and it is indeed a great pedal. Are they supposed to be a Klon clone or more of its own thing? I've never went down the Klon rabbit hole to be able to tell just by plugging into a pedal if it's a Klon-type, but I have played a Klon KTR, Wampler Tumnus, and Protone Royal OD in the past. It's just been years and they all sounded different from each other anyway lol.
I don't think they were intended to be a true Klon clone. I think in Pete Thorn's video the title asks if this is the next Klon. I had a KTR which sounded really good but I don't think it was as transparent as the Scream Honey. KTR is gone and the CKK is staying.

I’d love to try one but don’t have the $650 they demand on the used market. I am on the waitlist though if they can get together enough NOS components for another batch.
Yeah I was watching those listings on Reverb and was just hoping I got the call. I thought it sounded really good on PT's video and was jus jones'ing for one. I was super stoked when I got the email with my invoice, $205.00 shipped is a great price IMHO.

Yeah I was watching those listings on Reverb and was just hoping I got the call. I thought it sounded really good on PT's video and was jus jones'ing for one. I was super stoked when I got the email with my invoice, $205.00 shipped is a great price IMHO.
I’m also interested in their N5+ 3D

The KTR is made from easily available common parts and from a material and schematic difference is so different than most clones. That said, it has a lot of surface mount parts to cut costs.

From a technical standpoint it’s a no brainer. Machine made KTR top. Man made with premium parts bottom

image sharing
Did the original Klon have metal film resistors?

Dude, I'm not going to shit on anyones opinion or ears but the Joyo is fantastic. I enjoyed the Tumnus quite a bit too. However I will throw a curve ball and say my L6 HX Effects version is just as awesome as both.

This video at 9:25 displays that. The whole video is good though showcasing other pedals as well.

We are in agreement. I love the Joyo, it is an awesome pedal.

Did the original Klon have metal film resistors?
A combination of carbon film and metal film

BoardNakedTop1.jpg

Back