What's the most you've spent on a piece of gear.

I've never gone over $2500 but approached it a few times. I always feel like there's jewels amongst the pebbles and would feel uncomfortable spending the coin on even something like a Gibson Historic or Custom Shop and I love a good Gibson.

Most of the really expensive non-vintage stuff would feel kind of pretentious to even be seen with...considering the number of world tours I've done...or gold records I've made.

I've never gone over $2500 but approached it a few times. I always feel like there's jewels amongst the pebbles and would feel uncomfortable spending the coin on even something like a Gibson Historic or Custom Shop and I love a good Gibson.

Most of the really expensive non-vintage stuff would feel kind of pretentious to even be seen with...considering the number of world tours I've done...or gold records I've made.

Before the metroplex Id never gone over 2700 for amps, guitars, effects, cabinets, any of it. I sold off my Wolfgang and my 71 Superbass to pay bills and use the rest towards the Metroplex - there’s no way without selling gear that I’d been able to do it otherwise.

Pur
Joined in 2020 and you’re talking of don barzini? What was your original screen name 😂
Bruh...PurityS.L.G.

Not that much different. Here and Guitar Gear Forum are like "who the fuck are you?" LOL

I'm the brother of Tornado of Souls, cousin of Bob Savage, nephew of Carlygtr, admirer of Digital Jams and tormenter of Warplanegreay

Probably my 58 Les Paul Junior single cut. I don't remember exactly as it was a few years ago, but I probably paid $4500.

$2500-ish multiple times.
You should never have to spend $3500 to $5000 for one guitar or amp.
If you do thats called "marketing".

I got my Diezel VH4 for around $4000...took a hit when I sold it for $2600, but haven't looked back. Never spending that much on something again!

PRS custom 24, think I gave $2800 for it. I've got a Tremonti Artist that I bought used that's a better top and was more money new. Bought my 101b used when the market was down, think I got it for $1800sh. Those are the only (what I consider) expensive pieces I own. I'm finding now as I get older I'm way more interested in the $1k range guitars. bang-for-the-buck is off the charts on those guitars. About the only thing I'd drop big cash on now is vintage stuff that I intended to use as investment pieces.

Effectively $1700 on my CLX, which involved buying it for super cheap from GC used because it was in not great condition, having them directly ship it to Fryette for a full checkup/restore/retube, then having it shipped back to me.

No regrets.

The runner up is my Helix and gig bag combo. Also no regrets.

The most I've ever paid for a guitar was $1000 in 2013 for a Parker Fly Deluxe. Though I've probably spent close to that amount on my PVX Les Paul kit with all of the hardware, electronics, etc.

I regret trading that Fly away for a Gibson Les Paul Studio Platinum (which I had lusted for for quite a while since the mid 2000's). Seeing what Fly guitars are going for now is a major headslap.

It was a great guitar but I did not like the pickups and with the thin body, pickup swap options were very limited. I think I would have loved it with a JB in the bridge.

Back