What's your favorite pick Nylon, Ultex, Acrylic, Tortex ?

What's your favorite pick Nylon Ultex or Tortex ?

• Nylon

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • Acrylic

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Celluloid

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Tortex

Votes: 42 38.2%
  • Ultex

Votes: 41 37.3%

• Total voters
Jazz III XL's for me in a variety of styles. Got the new primetone version, really cool but the grip is almost TOO aggressive. If i want to reposition the pick between the fingers it's almost difficult. My "go-to" is the purple tortex Jazz III XL. Wonder if they make an Ultex version? I'd try it for sure!

ewill52":3cm0vmqy said:
Jazz III XL's for me in a variety of styles. Got the new primetone version, really cool but the grip is almost TOO aggressive. If i want to reposition the pick between the fingers it's almost difficult. My "go-to" is the purple tortex Jazz III XL. Wonder if they make an Ultex version? I'd try it for sure!

they do make an Ultex J3 XL
https://www.jimdunlop.com/product/4...sortby=ourPicksAscend&page=2&refType=&from=fn

I find that aggressive grip on the JP jazz III, hit it with some 300-400 sand paper smooths it all out so nicely.

Years ago I was using the Dunlop Tortex in the size that Metallica uses (used?). Since then, I actually just pick up the ones that Guitar Center gives out for free.

Really weird, but have to have a little bit of slip in the pick when it is between my fingers. I've tried ones that don't move and really struggle with them. I need a bit of movement.

Clayton USA ACETAL 1.26mm been using them for many many years just feels good for me.

110419000501156-00-500x500.jpg

I used the purple tortex for years. Then I switched to John Petrucci Jazz III Guitar Picks, 1.5mm Gauge. Awesome picks!
dunlop-petrucci-427pjp-7.gif

I like the tone of Tortex, but I prefer the feel of black Jazz III's. I think those are stiffo?

I use Tortex Jazz III 1.35mm. It's a bit of a compromise, though. They're not quite as stiff and smooth as standard black Jazz III's.

SpiderWars":29zb8tw9 said:
cardinal":29zb8tw9 said:
Celluloid for me. I just like the way it sounds. But I'm faster with other picks.
I use red Jazz IIIs but I too like the way Celluloid sounds. I haven't found a Jazz III sized Celluloid pick but I'd like to try one.

That would be a neat pick. The Jazz III was the one I was thinking of when I said I was faster with non-celluloid picks. Would love to try that combination.

jammin1":y2y57e4e said:
I used the purple tortex for years. Then I switched to John Petrucci Jazz III Guitar Picks, 1.5mm Gauge. Awesome picks!
dunlop-petrucci-427pjp-7.gif

I use the Petrucci, EJ and the blue and green Jazz III's.

I like the sound of the regular Fender tortex medium picks for acoustic. I also use regular Fender tortex heavy picks for bass.

Back