When did the GT-75 hate start? You’re deaf, clips inside.

You guys that mix the T75 with the Vintage 30. How are you dealing with the volume disparity? There’s a 3dB difference in the sensitivity and I find that way too much. All you can hear is the Vintage 30. It’s almost to where you may as well leave out the T75.

I guess in a 4x12 you could put 3 G12-T75s and one Vintage 30 help balance out the difference but that would probably push the disparity the other way.
I have never tried that mix personally but could see how it would work. The V30’s I use have very little low or high freq information. With how scooped a T75 is, the bass and highs won’t be 3db down.
I use a V30 /Redback for this reason. The Redback adds the highs and lows the V30 doesn’t have. 75 should do something similar. Someday will have to try it.

That clip I did for reference was dead freakin center. That’s something else I like about them: they are extremely forgiving with mic placement, probably due to the larger dust cap as you said. Heartwork for reference was one 57 dead center, and then another “dark” 57 on the edge blended in. But honestly, dead center works just fine. Terry Date does this all the time as well.

DHIADW is quite unique yes, but all of Andy’s records at THAT time were unique. The gathering I just remembered is another T75 album….. tempo of the damned….damn, the list just goes on and on.
I read DHIADW took a similar approach regarding mic placement: 2 x 57’s with one placed in a bright spot (not sure if it was dead center or a little off) and the other in a darker spot.

what does that mean dude keanu.jpg

You guys that mix the T75 with the Vintage 30. How are you dealing with the volume disparity? There’s a 3dB difference in the sensitivity and I find that way too much. All you can hear is the Vintage 30. It’s almost to where you may as well leave out the T75.

I guess in a 4x12 you could put 3 G12-T75s and one Vintage 30 help balance out the difference but that would probably push the disparity the other way.
I didn’t mix the T75s with V30s but I mixed them with Creamback H75s in a 4x12 , same 3db volume difference. T75s up top and the H75s on the bottom I thought it sounded killer using my Splawn Super Sport. Couldn’t tell ya if all I was hearing was the H75s but it was a great hard rock tone . Wish I could’ve kept that cab

I didn’t mix the T75s with V30s but I mixed them with Creamback H75s in a 4x12 , same 3db volume difference. T75s up top and the H75s on the bottom I thought it sounded killer using my Splawn Super Sport. Couldn’t tell ya if all I was hearing was the H75s but it was a great hard rock tone . Wish I could’ve kept that cab
Nice combo.

I've found that the H75's don't always work, but when they do. they really do. They pair well with an amp that lacks extended highs, like Soldano, Diezel or Splawn. I don't dig them with most modded Marshalls though as they can get a little piercing.

I can give you a handful of recent modern EXTREMELY heavy records that have been done with CB65s if you don’t believe they can do it :)
Spill the beans, interested to hear them! Great speaker, for many styles really. Out of interest have you tried the Cream H?

I'm definitely guilty of the g12t75 hate, but like most speakers, it seems as if there are different eras with different sounds, as well as factoring in the way they've aged, etc.

I actually am going to do a video on "old vs new cab" where I compare one of my beat up 1960a cabs to a literal brand new one I got in a trade that has maybe 3 hours on it in total. The new cab sounds like FUCKING SHIT. The T75's in that cab live up to every bad attribute ever attached to them - super bright top end, fizzy, lacking mids, tubby lows. On the flip side, the older 1960a was one I got with a DSL100 I bought, and I had every intention of immediately swapping the speakers out. I plugged into it for fun, as I had not played through a T75 loaded cab in quite a while, and was like "WTF?!" The cab sounds incredible. No overly bright highs, smooth but present minds, low end was totally under control. It's a great sounding cab that I have no intention of fucking with.

Admittedly, I have never tried to record a T75, but listening to these clips and seeing the discussion on mic placement, I may give it a try in the near future here. Seems the punk scene is picking back up in my home town and I have a couple newer bands that want to come to me to record. Could be a great opportunity to try it out

I'm definitely guilty of the g12t75 hate, but like most speakers, it seems as if there are different eras with different sounds, as well as factoring in the way they've aged, etc.

I actually am going to do a video on "old vs new cab" where I compare one of my beat up 1960a cabs to a literal brand new one I got in a trade that has maybe 3 hours on it in total. The new cab sounds like FUCKING SHIT. The T75's in that cab live up to every bad attribute ever attached to them - super bright top end, fizzy, lacking mids, tubby lows. On the flip side, the older 1960a was one I got with a DSL100 I bought, and I had every intention of immediately swapping the speakers out. I plugged into it for fun, as I had not played through a T75 loaded cab in quite a while, and was like "WTF?!" The cab sounds incredible. No overly bright highs, smooth but present minds, low end was totally under control. It's a great sounding cab that I have no intention of fucking with.

Admittedly, I have never tried to record a T75, but listening to these clips and seeing the discussion on mic placement, I may give it a try in the near future here. Seems the punk scene is picking back up in my home town and I have a couple newer bands that want to come to me to record. Could be a great opportunity to try it out
I have a suspicion that the V30s aren't the only Celestion speaker that's suffered from the harsh sounding cones on the ~05 - ~19 era. Every Celestion I've had older than 04 has sounded great, and every one (with the exception of the very good '21 Z code V30) has sounded fizzy and had to go. Since Mueller or whoever is likely using wood pulp from the same batch of trees across the line, it would make sense that there is some era linearity across models.

Nice combo.

I've found that the H75's don't always work, but when they do. they really do. They pair well with an amp that lacks extended highs, like Soldano, Diezel or Splawn. I don't dig them with most modded Marshalls though as they can get a little piercing.

Spill the beans, interested to hear them! Great speaker, for many styles really. Out of interest have you tried the Cream H?

Hey zen, I have only “briefly” tried the 75 watt version, so I honestly don’t think it’s fair to give that much of an opinion on them, I liked them enough, I just liked the 65 watt creamback much, much more immediately. I have no doubts the H is great and in the same ballpark, I just really enjoy the 65, to the point that I doubt I’d go out of my way to get an H just to see, you know what I mean? I thought the 65 just felt better, had better low end and I like it’s greenbackish ( well, duh right? Lol) top end.

As far as records: havok: V was done with an Engl straight cab with 65 watt creambacks, my personal cab actually. Driftwood purple nightmare and a pepers dirty tree upfront. This is a verrryyyy aggressive and bright sounding album, probably the brightest mark has ever done. It’s not for everyone, but it’s one of my top 5 favorite sounding albums I’ve heard in the last 5 or so years personally anyways.

The newest Entheos record: same Engl cab( not my personal one this time, but same specs with the creambacks, 8 ohm version). Diezel Herbert for the amp, and peppers dirty tree again for the boost I believe. This is an interesting band, big fan and they have alot of energy moving forward.

All the leads on whitechapel: Kin, is a creamback 65

REALLY cool band, gizmachi is all 65 watt creamback, dual rectifier, and pepers dirty tree. The record I’m speaking of specifically has bjorn, lead vocalist of soilwork doing all vocal duties. It’s killer, they deserve more press for sure.

The new Nile record: all creamback. Mark didn’t get those tones, but did mix it, and all the tones are a 65M.

Those are the big ones that stand out to me at this time. Super heavy stuff, definitely not for everyone, but the tones are unique and different than the everyday V30, that’s for sure.

I can give you a handful of recent modern EXTREMELY heavy records that have been done with CB65s if you don’t believe they can do it :)
I'm sure you can. Great cones. These are just my preferences. Though my Syn30 combo has a CB65 and it works really well with the high gain modules.

I was surprised to see on a recent rig rundown that Karl/Nile is now loading his cabs with cb m65s. Also he had switched to different heads also. He used to always use jcm2000, but he'd switched but I can't remember to what atm.

Unless he misspoke and actually meant h75.

I was surprised to see on a recent rig rundown that Karl/Nile is now loading his cabs with cb m65s. Also he had switched to different heads also. He used to always use jcm2000, but he'd switched but I can't remember to what atm.

Unless he misspoke and actually meant h75.

Nope, he’s big on the 65M these days, as mentioned the new record is all those speakers. He sounds killer no matter what though!

Hey zen, I have only “briefly” tried the 75 watt version, so I honestly don’t think it’s fair to give that much of an opinion on them, I liked them enough, I just liked the 65 watt creamback much, much more immediately. I have no doubts the H is great and in the same ballpark, I just really enjoy the 65, to the point that I doubt I’d go out of my way to get an H just to see, you know what I mean? I thought the 65 just felt better, had better low end and I like it’s greenbackish ( well, duh right? Lol) top end.

As far as records: havok: V was done with an Engl straight cab with 65 watt creambacks, my personal cab actually. Driftwood purple nightmare and a pepers dirty tree upfront. This is a verrryyyy aggressive and bright sounding album, probably the brightest mark has ever done. It’s not for everyone, but it’s one of my top 5 favorite sounding albums I’ve heard in the last 5 or so years personally anyways.

The newest Entheos record: same Engl cab( not my personal one this time, but same specs with the creambacks, 8 ohm version). Diezel Herbert for the amp, and peppers dirty tree again for the boost I believe. This is an interesting band, big fan and they have alot of energy moving forward.

All the leads on whitechapel: Kin, is a creamback 65

REALLY cool band, gizmachi is all 65 watt creamback, dual rectifier, and pepers dirty tree. The record I’m speaking of specifically has bjorn, lead vocalist of soilwork doing all vocal duties. It’s killer, they deserve more press for sure.

The new Nile record: all creamback. Mark didn’t get those tones, but did mix it, and all the tones are a 65M.

Those are the big ones that stand out to me at this time. Super heavy stuff, definitely not for everyone, but the tones are unique and different than the everyday V30, that’s for sure.
Entheos is fuvking awesome. So good and original. Herbert sounds great too

Back