Who still uses a 5150/6505 around here.........

troublehead

I plugged into my 6505 for the first time in about 5 months tonight and I forgot how awesome it is.

Bone stock, no boost :rock:

I played block logo 5150 at GC in Nashville last week for the first time in about 12 years and the whole time I was thinking - "why did I ever sell it"? I never used the lead channel when I owned one but I backed the gain down to about 10 - 11 o'clock and damn...I am now on the hunt for one :thumbsup:

Right here! Love it as is except for the V3 cap mod from Psychodave's thread. I'm going to move it so that it goes from grid to anode though because I want a little more of a brown type sound, but other than that killer fucking amp, and I love cranking it!

what's the going rate for a non-block 5150 these days (i know the block letter ones are supposed to mimic ed's VOX tone from VH-1, but I can probably deal with the sig version)?

There's a sig 5150 and a dsl available locally for not much $$

Gitfiddler":3ec2ljey said:
what's the going rate for a non-block 5150 these days (i know the block letter ones are supposed to mimic ed's VOX tone from VH-1, but I can probably deal with the sig version)?

There's a sig 5150 and a dsl available locally for not much $$

There is absolutely no difference between the block logo version and a sig or a 6505 for that matter...

I have 4 block letter heads, and a sig 5150 kit that moltenmetalburn is selling me... just waiting to get my hands on it to reassemble it!!!

I own a 5150 II. Killer amp, covers so many styles and I got it quite cheap, not too sure about the reliability of it though...

I'm thinking of modding it, might start a thread on that.

JakeAC5253":447ol0ic said:
Right here! Love it as is except for the V3 cap mod from Psychodave's thread. I'm going to move it so that it goes from grid to anode though because I want a little more of a brown type sound, but other than that killer fucking amp, and I love cranking it!

Link me? :thumbsup:

Back