Mike Oxhuge
Well-known member
DOD Death metal with a gain control.
I don't really have a favorite ....... I have had so many OD's on my board .... the ones use the most are : My original Chiron ... my Super Doopah Drive ...
latest circuits I've built that have impressed the hell out of me ...... the Expandora is the clear stand out there .... what a sick pedal ..
JRocket Lenny has surprised the hell out of me for High Gain applications .... my version of the Maxon 820 is also pretty bad ass
I could easily do a op amp fuzz .... and have never built one yet ... that's a good entry
way to many knobs and buttons on there for you ..... you need a one Knobber .... I've been keeping my eye out for something for you
Yeah that middle toggle would give me sleepless nightsway to many knobs and buttons on there for you ..... you need a one Knobber .... I've been keeping my eye out for something for you
my OCD ....... killer version with internal dipswitches that let you replicate all the different revisions .... plus some clipping options on a toggleNot that its any good, but my very first pedal was a red label Arion distortion. I remember back when I was 15, the input jack went bad. In the middle of band practice, I opened it up, resoldered the jack to the board and it never sounded better.
After my first few gigs, I started to upgrade my gear so I never looked back to see what it sounded like and gave it away. Were those any good?
@griff10672 do you have an OCD variant?
I fixed a forumite's 820 a few months back and fell in love with it .... so I built one .... and yes ... that pedal is 10 times larger than it really needs to be ... mine is in a normal 125B enclosure .... here it is with my version of a the old Boss Slow GearI didn’t know you did your version of the Maxon OD-820 .
I’ve got one from the early 2000’s, and it’s a killer pedal, but it’s a space hog on a board.
Was yours a small box version?
Do you build these upon request, or do you have to build them in batches?
Back to the OD suggestions
Lovepedal Zendrive
Menatone Red Snapper
Nobels ODR-1 w/bass cut
Obviously these are all made, but I’d like your take on them
Is that Nolly??
I don't know who Nolly is ..... that's one of the images that came up when I googled " Soy Boy " lolIs that Nolly??
my OCD ....... killer version with internal dipswitches that let you replicate all the different revisions .... plus some clipping options on a toggle
View attachment 456952
I fixed a forumite's 820 a few months back and fell in love with it .... so I built one .... and yes ... that pedal is 10 times larger than it really needs to be ... mine is in a normal 125B enclosure .... here it is with my version of a the old Boss Slow Gear
View attachment 456953
I've done the Zen Drive with different graphics over the last few years ... here's the Samurai version
View attachment 456954
last but not least .... my Nobles ODR-1 with a added Bass control
View attachment 456955
anytime ...I’ll probably have add all 3 of those eventually to my collection, along with with the Planet of the Vapes.
Thanks for the responding back on these suggestions.
Gain Changer is a good one ... haven't done that yet ...Barber Gain Changer
I do love op amp big muffs. Add on a bass contour/cut knob?