Wizard Owners…HELP

PurityS.L.G

Have an opportunity to pick up an MTL but my heart has been set on an MCII.

In regards to a Wizard, I want vintage tone with modern punch , which is why I’ve been leaning on the MCII.

Will I be satisfied with the MTL? Really want good advice as I’ve been hunting for a wizard for a hot minute and don’t want to settle on impulse

MCII….I waited about ten years before I could land my Wizard. You had to really look to find any at all back then.

Depends on your mids/attack expectation. MTL will be low mids dominated with less sharp/bright attack but more depth to the lows...MCII will be more upper mids with a very sharp attack with more of a percussive thud to the low end.

Last edited:
I get some amazing vintage tones out of my MTL2 but by your description of what you want the MCII is better for you .

In regards to a Wizard, I want vintage tone with modern punch , which is why I’ve been leaning on the MCII.

Will I be satisfied with the MTL? Really want good advice as I’ve been hunting for a wizard for a hot minute and don’t want to settle on impulse

If you want X and you get Y, you’ll always wonder what X would’ve been like.

There’s a very good chance you won’t be curing your GAS if you buy the MTL, even if you really like it.

If you want vintage tone then I wouldn’t go with Wizard at all man, maybe a more Marshally voiced amp?

MC 2 ALL DAY LONG. I used to own a MTL mk1 and i still own the MC II.
Sold the MTL as its mids just don't do it for me as much as the MC II does. Both are great, just diff flavors in the mid dept. Your ears may differ or vary, but based on what you are writing in original post, I would recommend the MC II.

MC 2 ALL DAY LONG. I used to own a MTL mk1 and i still own the MC II.
Sold the MTL as its mids just don't do it for me as much as the MC II does. Both are great, just diff flavors in the mid dept. Your ears may differ or vary, but based on what you are writing in original post, I would recommend the MC II.

This has been my experience. Bot are great, but the 16 MTL I had was after already owning a 17 MCII for a year and when the MTL arrived, having them side by side I preferred the sharp upper mid presence of the MCII. I was always trying to make the MTL sound like the other using boosts, eq in the loop, various speakers/cabs, guitars/pups and could never fill the mids in the frequencies that weren't there.

Last edited:
Back