Wizard Vintage Classic 50 for a pedal amp?

halfnote

Very close to pulling the trigger on a VC 50 water with master volume. I have read all I can find to read. No one really gets into the amps ability to be run as a pedal platform.

I like single channel amps. What I do is use all pedals live, couple of dirts into a dd7 and a cry baby, and utilize the amps dirt when recording. It makes for a super fast set up and break down at gigs and I tend to get more consistent tone that way.

I have recently been using a Matchless Clubman which is great for this. My previous amps were the Anniversary Shiva and XTC 101b. Both of those amps also excelled for my uses especially the blue channel of the 101b in poleax mode.

As much as I love my Clubman I am missing some of the attack of the Bogners. I was looking for another XTC but the Wizard caught my attention.

Will it react in a similar way as the poleax mode on the XTC? I'm not looking for that exact tone but a similar feel.

How is the noise floor?

This forum gets almost no action unfortunately. Probably because after owning a Wizard, you don't really need another amp and gear forums become an unnecessary past time.

bbaug14":1ejjba7x said:
This forum gets almost no action unfortunately. Probably because after owning a Wizard, you don't really need another amp and gear forums become an unnecessary past time.

This is so true....

Back