Yngwie Style Shredding.

guy punches current yngwie in the face technically
yngwie-malmsteen.jpg
🤣

Doesn't matter how great this guy plays.. or how sloppy YJM can be. Yngwie wrote it and invented the genre/sound. Of course there was Blackmore and Uli but THE sound and chops, that's Yngwie. Who cares who else memorizes his solos, he created them.

This guy is great. His pic attack is so good (looks like he is using thin picks?). I believe he is using and AxeFx since he shows links to presets, but his rig run through shows all tube amps 🤷. He is also using a Vega bridge.

This dude is killing. Wow. Loved every bit of that clip.

Doesn't matter how great this guy plays.. or how sloppy YJM can be. Yngwie wrote it and invented the genre/sound. Of course there was Blackmore and Uli but THE sound and chops, that's Yngwie. Who cares who else memorizes his solos, he created them.
I agree about the writers, but most guitarists celebrate others who can capture the sound, feel and style of those they are copying (aka learning from). I don't think I've seen any forum members here make negative comments towards those killer players like Stradazone who are copping EVH's sound, feel and style (and who actually make a career doing so). :dunno:

I agree about the writers, but most guitarists celebrate others who can capture the sound, feel and style of those they are copying (aka learning from). I don't think I've seen any forum members here make negative comments towards those killer players like Stradazone who are copping EVH's sound, feel and style (and who actually make a career doing so). :dunno:
Yngwie's body of work is prolific....(I agree, it's ok for EVH but not Yng?)Yngwie gonna get the scrutiny because he's one of the most amazing players ever, and envy brings out the worst in people, especially when you bring that fact up lol......I think these days he's just layed back, too much(dude is 60)....but he seems to always be able to get back to form whenever he gets the fire....he's always done that to a degree. As far as I can see, the player in the vid still ain't at Yng level when he has the fire.... When you're walking a road someone else paved, it just doesn't carry the same..... There's also a distinction between being influenced by and directly hommaging ...no disrespect to the player in the vid, I'm sure the player would melt out of respect meeting the King of shred. I met Yng once, he was very nice....I didn't know wtf to say except thanks for the inspiration lol. I'll always be grateful, thanks Yng (y) 🤘 🙏

Last edited:
Yngwie's body of work is prolific....(I agree, it's ok for EVH but not Yng?)Yngwie gonna get the scrutiny because he's one of the most amazing players ever, and envy brings out the worst in people, especially when you bring that fact up lol......I think these days he's just layed back, too much(dude is 60)....but he seems to always be able to get back to form whenever he gets the fire....he's always done that to a degree. As far as I can see, the player in the vid still ain't at Yng level when he has the fire.... When you're walking a road someone else paved, it just doesn't carry the same..... There's also a distinction between being influenced by and directly hommaging ...no disrespect to the player in the vid, I'm sure the player would melt out of respect meeting the King of shred. I met Yng once, he was very nice....I didn't know wtf to say except thanks for the inspiration lol. I'll always be grateful, thanks Yng (y) 🤘 🙏

I agree there isnt that fire in his playing... but I do find it a bit refreshing that the original video player is also using some hybrid picking and plays several licks that I've never heard Yngwie play.

I agree there isnt that fire in his playing... but I do find it a bit refreshing that the original video player is also using some hybrid picking and plays several licks that I've never heard Yngwie play.
Sorry for the confusion....but I was saying(poorly apparently, my bad) how layed back Yngwie is with this chops is in relation to how much of a fire(motivation) he has under him at any given time during his career.....but yeah I agree, dude doesn't have the Yngwie's fire in the sense you're talkin' about....yeah I see that too(licks/techniques you're referring to) (y)

Yeah I know, I just think comparing dudes who are dialed in to dudes who are mailing it in isn't always a fair comparison.. not that YJM sucks, he can still totally rip. He just doesn't give a shit anymore and it shows.

Back