Cantrell?
Hendrix?
Bad Horsie?
Satch?
EVH?
MXR/CAE?
Regular Vox?
Regular Crybaby?

I've had the Fulltones, Teeses, etc. Great wahs but I'm not looking to break the bank anymore. I have an old 80s crybaby with a dead pot. Trying to decide whether to fix it or get something new.

RMC -5 So silky smooth, I want one.

Budget wise, id get the Cantrell or Regular Cry Baby- cant really give a reason on the Cantrell other than it sounds awesome, but I can attest for myself the 535q crybaby (vs regular) has a bunch of useless nonsense in every day applications in addition to regular crybaby frequency.

I guess the 535q would be cool if you need a part or two for just odd noise.

I hate the Bad Horsie its too damn big, however no switch is actually very cool.

I currently hate them all...even the ones with true bypass. I really wish that I could find one that didn't destroy my original tone when disengaged.

Superunknown":1to13y0l said:
I currently hate them all...even the ones with true bypass. I really wish that I could find one that didn't destroy my original tone when disengaged.

You must be a plug straight into the amp player?

My current favorite is the Teese Wheels of Fire Wah, but I try to use Wah sparingly. I like that the WOF has a classic sound, yet has some adjustments.

I have had great luck w/ a 535Q.

I have been interested in the RMC wahs's for awhile now. What's the best RMC wah for high gain trickery? I'm not much of a solo guy, but I like to use the wah to accent stuff from time to time.

Superunknown":2etlnc7l said:

No such animal exists.

I have a Teese Picture Wah!! Great vintage style wah pedal and has a nice sweep range, but I do not use wah pedals much. I also have a Zakk Wylde wah, which is not bad, but both wahs are collecting huge amounts of dust!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I keep switching between the Budda wah (the old one and not the spaceship looking one) and a Dime wah, which I didn't like at first but it really grew on me.

The rack mount crybaby kicks ass and is my overall favorite, but since I don't gig with a rack anymore Its not worth it for me to be dragging it around. Still use it at the house and love it.

Back