Your favorite current production wah?

ratter":6nr101rh said:
gbsmusic":6nr101rh said:
se7en":6nr101rh said:
Wilson 12 position vintage spec rippah wah

can do colorsound, crybaby, clyde mccoy, etc..have a fulltone clyde deluxe as well, but this is better.
I agree. Best wah I've owned so far.

With that avatar, I will agree with anything you have to say...
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :thumbsup:

:dunno: I've used the same early 70's Crybaby for the last 28 years.

I did play an H.B.E. wah about 10 years ago at a store and it sounded great.

I'd put the Crybaby Rack at the top of my list

I love my older Teese wah's (grey case, handmade boards) - RMC3 and a Picture Wah, both sound amazing. I can't say I'm a fan of the way the new ones are built though, with the jacks soldered to the PCB. Still sound great but I'd be weary of taking one on the road.

I love my Buddy Guy wah. Had all kinds and put this one head to head with a ton of different ones. Loved the BG wah the best!

ratter":1khznkkf said:
Right now the MXR/CAE is looking good because of the flexibility in the tone and the boost was something I was thinking about getting separately anyway. I've had the 401 boost before and it was cool.
The boost is active only when the wah is engaged. That said, I really like mine.

I have a HBE Medicine Bawl Wah from when they first came out in the chrome finish. I've had it about 4 years, it's really adjustable by the internal trim pots and has the classic sound you expect. Check them out as they have a Michael Amott Sig model wah coming out soon that looks and I'm sure sounds great especially with high gain.

ratter":1s408klk said:
[...]
I've had the Fulltones, Teeses, etc. Great wahs but I'm not looking to break the bank anymore. I have an old 80s crybaby with a dead pot. Trying to decide whether to fix it or get something new.

Same here. I have an old, early 90's CryBaby and while I'm so fed up replacing its pot, I've been happier with that than any of the more expensive wah's I own or have tried.

I feel a lot of those boutique wahs try to produce a nice, round, sophisticated sound while I actually like the CryBaby because it's nasty. It just fits for heavy metal soloing.

It would be nice to find a more lasting solution to that mechanical pot erosion problem, though.

Another vote for the MXR/CAE ! It's just perfect and has tons of versatility. Used the tremonti (too little sweep, no bass position because of the optic engine), the bad horsie 2, the 535q ... the CAE just wins.

Very intrigued by the cantrell, can anyone provide a demo?

I've been liking the Cantrell a lot. Nice smooth sweep and doesn't get harsh. Like it with clean and high gain. I like the heel down sound a lot. Not muddy -warm, but somehow clear. I tried the switchless crybaby at the same time but the Jerry sounded and felt a lot more musical to me. Been interested in the CAE though but haven't tried it

Been using my BBE Ben Wah for a couple of years now. Not a big wah guy anyway, but it has been stable as a rock and has some great tonal qualities/features.

I only use my wah on rhytms/distorted sounds (just hate it when someone is soloing with a wah and playing nonsense and keeps stepping on it only to make it sound 'faster')

The tremonti is OK, I have not run into any technical problems so far, and the absence of the on/off button is really great. I used to own a bad horsie 2, but like the tremonti for what I do a lot more.

signal chain: guitar-tremonti wah-korg pitchblack-phase 90-boss ns2- boogie mark 5

the funny thing is I recently found out the NS2 actually adds white noise when engaged, the hiss just is a lot more prominent once I switch that fucker on :D

I've been using the standard CB-95 for years. The new Bonamassa has me interested now though.

Back