YT: Ian Thornley's Big Wreck touring rig run down

Very nice :yes:
Tons of tones I had no idea a Bones could get, all great ones too :thumbsup:
Fortin Vox wah mods?

One of the good Canadian exports. Ian's had the Bones for a while now, eh? Good stuff Michael :thumbsup:

bear.jpg

SFW":s5ypvlj1 said:
Very cool. Ian is a world class writer and guitarist.

Agreed :thumbsup:

DoomBuggi":s5ypvlj1 said:
Everything on that video looked nice.

So much gear...and there is 2 other guitarist on tour with him

Electric I":s5ypvlj1 said:
A complete muso. Right down to the gear. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

JTyson":s5ypvlj1 said:
Fortin Vox wah mods?

Hairy Tongue wah :D

steve_k":s5ypvlj1 said:
One of the good Canadian exports. Ian's had the Bones for a while now, eh? Good stuff Michael :thumbsup:

bear.jpg

Since October.....got something else for him in the next little while as well as for Paulo ;)

Got to watch the Moose street gangs...especially after they've been eating fermented apples

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4443149...bough-rescuers-free-drunken-moose-stuck-tree/

pb-110908-drunkmoose-da.grid-10x2.jpg

MrDan666":s5ypvlj1 said:
Awesome!! :rock:

Happy Birthday Danny!

Cheers,
Mike

FortinAmps":zw3nyxee said:
SFW":zw3nyxee said:
Very cool. Ian is a world class writer and guitarist.

Agreed :thumbsup:

DoomBuggi":zw3nyxee said:
Everything on that video looked nice.

So much gear...and there is 2 other guitarist on tour with him

Electric I":zw3nyxee said:
A complete muso. Right down to the gear. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

JTyson":zw3nyxee said:
Fortin Vox wah mods?

Hairy Tongue wah :D

steve_k":zw3nyxee said:

bear.jpg

Since October.....got something else for him in the next little while as well as for Paulo ;)

Got to watch the Moose street gangs...especially after they've been eating fermented apples

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4443149...bough-rescuers-free-drunken-moose-stuck-tree/

pb-110908-drunkmoose-da.grid-10x2.jpg

MrDan666":zw3nyxee said:
Awesome!! :rock:

Happy Birthday Danny!

Cheers,
Mike
:LOL: :LOL:
"you grab his legs"
"umm...... no, you do it.. I'll push.."
"uh.. no.. lets call a chopper"
"we dont have time, we gotta act now... do somthing"
".......... I'm thinking.. just shutup for a minuite..... ok, you grab his legs"
:LOL: :LOL:

Awesome rig, great work Mike! :rock: I love Ian and BW. Mike, can you talk a bit about the phase reverse function in the Bones? Did you set that to be midi switchable, or is it just set a certain way at all times so it blends correctly with the Hot Rod? I'm assuming it's because of the gain stages in both amps? And what does that wah sound like???!! :checkthisout:

glassjaw7":3pgotgxm said:
Awesome rig, great work Mike! :rock: I love Ian and BW. Mike, can you talk a bit about the phase reverse function in the Bones? Did you set that to be midi switchable, or is it just set a certain way at all times so it blends correctly with the Hot Rod? I'm assuming it's because of the gain stages in both amps? And what does that wah sound like???!! :checkthisout:

Thanks you very much !

The phase reverse is done by a modified RJM Y-NOT. It is a buffer, splitter, iso and midi programmable phase on one of the splits. It is programmed to toggle with the patches so that no matter what voicing on the Bones is selected, the Soldano will always be in phase. This Y-NOT mod is available directly from Ron at www.rjmmusic.com

If he was rocking a Meathead, we could have simply used the programmable second loop on it to toggle the phase. This is what Justin Crew does with the four Kirk Meats.

Speaking of WAH and Kirk, I should send him one to fuel the wah fire :LOL: :LOL: :scared:

You can't help but make a straining face with your tongue coming out of your mouth trying to mouth the sounds the wah is producing, like having a wicked hairy tongue haha
When Ian tried the modded wah it out for the first time, the faces he made were priceless :LOL: :LOL:
You can hear it live atm. There might be some YT stuff for tour May 2012 to most recent. BW is heading out again on tour. Hopefully it will make it on the next album.

TX6Strings":3pgotgxm said:
Seems like a real nice guy and as big a gear whore as the rest of us...very cool! :LOL: :LOL: :rock:

Very cool and down to earth dude!

Cheers,
Mike

FortinAmps":p0u21y4b said:
glassjaw7":p0u21y4b said:

Thanks you very much !

The phase reverse is done by a modified RJM Y-NOT. It is a buffer, splitter, iso and midi programmable phase on one of the splits. It is programmed to toggle with the patches so that no matter what voicing on the Bones is selected, the Soldano will always be in phase. This Y-NOT mod is available directly from Ron at http://www.rjmmusic.com

If he was rocking a Meathead, we could have simply used the programmable second loop on it to toggle the phase. This is what Justin Crew does with the four Kirk Meats.

Speaking of WAH and Kirk, I should send him one to fuel the wah fire :LOL: :LOL: :scared:

You can't help but make a straining face with your tongue coming out of your mouth trying to mouth the sounds the wah is producing, like having a wicked hairy tongue haha
When Ian tried the modded wah it out for the first time, the faces he made were priceless :LOL: :LOL:
You can hear it live atm. There might be some YT stuff for tour May 2012 to most recent. BW is heading out again on tour. Hopefully it will make it on the next album.

TX6Strings":p0u21y4b said:
Seems like a real nice guy and as big a gear whore as the rest of us...very cool! :LOL: :LOL: :rock:

Very cool and down to earth dude!

Cheers,
Mike

Here's a post not to be taken too lightly. Many men here like to split their signal to two amps, me being one of them. One thing you have to be careful of is phasing issues and it can be a show stopper. With many A/B/Y boxes, you can select the phase invert for the given state. Some boxes have no invert option (give a pass on those). But, when blending amps - change channels on your multi-channel amp where you add or take away a gain stage of a preamp tube and your shit gets fucked up, loose the bottom end, tone goes thin. The base model Y-Not has a phase invert selection, but it was not midi-programmable to do what Mike is speaking of above. I talked to Ron at RJM several years backs and he was able to add that as a MIDI programmable function. This solves so many invert problems and you can switch on the fly. I got one (two actually) and he will make these for you by special request. I believe this is the only MIDI programmable A/B/Y box in existence which will allow you to switch the invert function.

This has been a public service announcement brought to you by your friends at RT..... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Really though, Mike brings up a good point which I doubt many people realize.

Steve

Nice lil rig there and damn versatile too... Cant wait to hear it live Mike and hope to hear that wah soon !

steve_k":1ambzp0n said:
I talked to Ron at RJM several years backs and he was able to add that as a MIDI programmable function. This solves so many invert problems and you can switch on the fly. I got one (two actually) and he will make these for you by special request. I believe this is the only MIDI programmable A/B/Y box in existence which will allow you to switch the invert function.

This has been a public service announcement brought to you by your friends at RT..... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Really though, Mike brings up a good point which I doubt many people realize.

Steve

For those interested, it is available directly from RJM,http://www.rjmmusic.com/ynot.php .....notice the YB-mod blue box on the bottom right of the page. :thumbsup:

verderacer":1ambzp0n said:
Nice lil rig there and damn versatile too... Cant wait to hear it live Mike and hope to hear that wah soon !

He switching a lot of stuff in and out on the front end. Mainly keep the TC in the loop. Went with a Pigtronix Class A in the loop to level match the voicing L to the other voicing modes. Worked like a charm.

Cheers,
Mike

Back