Hair Metal fans, what's your favorite amp?

Oh man, I was hoping that riff was from an 80s band I missed and could queue up on Amazon music and play the heck out of... you need to record that.. it's one of the best riffs I've ever heard.

I don't think I've ever seen or heard you mention that Mesa .50 Caliber. I'll have to look at your videos again. Looks like a nice simple amp but a quick look and I can't find one for sale anywhere.

That 2204 sounds great too but not sure I'm ready to spend that much.

I haven't shopped for an amp in a while and I've never seen this slim pickings before or high prices. Even the DSL is out of stock.
Made a clip this morning of the Mesa .50+, same riff, no pedals.

Made a clip this morning of the Mesa .50+, same riff, no pedals.

Awesome.. I've always loved this tone and thought about getting the Mark V to get this tone but glad to hear I can get something that does it well for a lot less.

What pedal did you boost that 800 with?

Awesome.. I've always loved this tone and thought about getting the Mark V to get this tone but glad to hear I can get something that does it well for a lot less.

What pedal did you boost that 800 with?
It was a klon clone boosting the 800.
I also use a treble booster to great effect.

My BE100 with the vintage MXR 10 band in front.
Do you boost mids and does that tighten the gain structure some?? I had a BE deluxe but prefer the tighter gain structure in the Soldanos.
But these amps are on my radar -again! I was ready to pull the trigger on another deluxe -mainly cause I like the idea of the 'System volume AND the PLEXI ch which is killer!!

I've always thought from hearing on YT that the Jube was too dark for 80s metal?
Even without the bright cap, it’s bright enough. With the bright cap it’s plenty bright. Mine has a switch to switch the bright cap out, this was on a push pull pot and for the longest time, I didn’t even know that knob pulled. It’s an extra volume knob for the clean mode. I now run it with the bright cap on all the time, though it is louder that way, but it’s a Marshall. Crank it up…..

Do you boost mids and does that tighten the gain structure some?? I had a BE deluxe but prefer the tighter gain structure in the Soldanos.
But these amps are on my radar -again! I was ready to pull the trigger on another deluxe -mainly cause I like the idea of the 'System volume AND the PLEXI ch which is killer!!

It really tightens the gain structure of the BE channel. Before getting the MXR I use to rely on the HBE for that saturated Dokken Under Lock and Key tone. But now live on the BE channel. I usually switch to the HBE for solos but I really could stay on the BE for everything now. Mark Day recommend this to me. He did say it HAS to be the Blue vintage MXR 10 band. For some reason these have the MOJO the newer models don't have. I had Dave Friedman do his power mod on it too per Mark's recommendation. Converts it from 110 AC to 9VDC to quiet it down. I really love this set up.

It really tightens the gain structure of the BE channel. Before getting the MXR I use to rely on the HBE for that saturated Dokken Under Lock and Key tone. But now live on the BE channel. I usually switch to the HBE for solos but I really could stay on the BE for everything now. Mark Day recommend this to me. He did say it HAS to be the Blue vintage MXR 10 band. For some reason these have the MOJO the newer models don't have. I had Dave Friedman do his power mod on it too per Mark's recommendation. Converts it from 110 AC to 9VDC to quiet it down. I really love this set up.
This is really good info, and yeah Mark is the man! I want another BE deluxe to have the Plexi ch. To clarify no OD in addition to the EQ?
Any YT clips live or other?

Even without the bright cap, it’s bright enough. With the bright cap it’s plenty bright. Mine has a switch to switch the bright cap out, this was on a push pull pot and for the longest time, I didn’t even know that knob pulled. It’s an extra volume knob for the clean mode. I now run it with the bright cap on all the time, though it is louder that way, but it’s a Marshall. Crank it up…..
Put an SD-1 in front of it and crank it up.

Back