Well, Adam Jones still has monster live tone

Seeing them here in SF this weekend. Saw them in 2020 too, right before the pandemic hit.

I'm guessing it's gonna be the same show as in 2020, though. But it'll be a good time either way.

I will check it out. I've read about his rig and it seems interesting and like stuff I would play.
After I commented that I went and listened to it again. Might not be their most popular album but it’s his best tone album to me .

I saw them in PDX the night before the pandemic crash....drummer in our band had tix to the canceled Eugene show and saw them the other night for their make up gig, said it was awesome🤘

I saw them in Jan '20 in Atlanta. We were 5 rows back to the front/left side of Adam, and it was perfect. We could hear the PA just fine, as well as his amps. We're seeing them again next month in DC, and luckily got tickets for the same seats.

Also, anyone heard/seen what his current live rig is? It was Marshall/Dual Rec/VH4 when we saw them. But I read a few months back that he was replacing the Dual Recs with something else for live use, but I can't remember what. Maybe a Knucklehead? I know he uses those quite a bit in the studio.
View attachment 103420
I’d also like to know this

Been VH4 and Marshall for 20+ years. Nothing new. Maybe every once in a while he'll throw in the Mesa for funsies. But I'll find out in a couple of days and post back.
He uses the mick Thompson Rivera amp in studio on the new album as well . Joel the producer had him add it in . Joel was on a live and guitar world taking about the Rivera

He was playing his usual Marshall - SilverVH4 - BlufaceVH4 setup on these latest gigs. (See @3:40 below)
The proto Flying V he has looks great

Attachments

• 8E97D1E2-3069-4454-B266-EC6D42C73B7E.jpeg
    8E97D1E2-3069-4454-B266-EC6D42C73B7E.jpeg
    68.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
I'd say he has THE best bass tone on the planet. I've seen them live 4 or 5 times and it's like a fucking religious experience. His bass tone is like the voice of god :love:
You are correct. I’ve never heard a bass tone like it. Hearing it in person is just…unreal. It punches you in the chest but covers you like a warm blanket at the same time.

The tone on 10,000 days is so good
I will check it out. I've read about his rig and it seems interesting and like stuff I would play.
After I commented that I went and listened to it again. Might not be their most popular album but it’s his best tone album to me .
Yeah I think 10,000 Days was his peak tone. Vicarious, Jambi, and The Pot sound just amazing. He's never sounded bad by any stretch but that album is my fav of his tone.

Back