Pure Metal Machine Tube Amp

novosibir

A very satisfying moment - two Pure Metal Machine amps almost completed.

IMG_7975.jpeg

IMG_7976.jpeg

So far I had never built two of my big 100 watt amp models at the same time - it's the first time. But it actually saves time, which I have to save now that there are currently still more than 20 only of this model on my waiting list.

One of them goes to a customer here in Germany who also ordered a DINO 962 and is also a member here on RT.

The other amp is sort of a wildcard that became available after recently the customer got impatient:

Brother, its been 4 years hasn't it? I think its fair to say its been too long, ALL things considered. This has just been a cause of anciety and disquiet (no pun intended) in my life. I dont want to carry resentment for you Larry but you have really let me down. I didnt deserve this from you or anyone. I work very hard for my money and at this point I think my patience has run out. I would appreciate a refund unless there is a supply chain issue there as well. I know you will be able to sell the amp very quickly as they are very sought after. Im sorry it didnt work out…

... sad but understandable, so he had his deposit back via PayPal an hour after this email 🤷‍♂️

But otoh what are 4 years of waiting for a Larry amp? Nothing at all when you consider that you then have frenetic fun with it for 40+ years - and then your grandson/-daughter for another 40+ years :giggle:

Anyway, the second amp is going to a customer in the USA who has now moved up a notch on my waiting list - and who is also a member here on RT.

IMG_7977.jpeg

IMG_7978.jpeg

IMG_7979.jpeg

IMG_7981.jpeg

IMG_7983.jpeg

From this stage of completion however both amps continue individually, which means that first one amp will be completed and only then the other.

To be continued...

Is one of them mine ? Maybe I can get it a tad early?!???!I want to be the USA giy you speak of please lol fr

Last edited:
A very satisfying moment - two Pure Metal Machine amps almost completed.

View attachment 176185

View attachment 176188

So far I had never built two of my big 100 watt amp models at the same time - it's the first time. But it actually saves time, which I have to save now that there are currently still more than 20 only of this model on my waiting list.

One of them goes to a customer here in Germany who also ordered a DINO 962 and is also a member here on RT.

The other amp is sort of a wildcard that became available after recently the customer got impatient:

... sad but understandable, so he had his deposit back via PayPal an hour after this email 🤷‍♂️

But otoh what are 4 years of waiting for a Larry amp? Nothing at all when you consider that you then have frenetic fun with it for 40+ years - and then your grandson/-daughter for another 40+ years :giggle:

Anyway, the second amp is going to a customer in the USA who has now moved up a notch on my waiting list - and who is also a member here on RT.

View attachment 176191

View attachment 176194

View attachment 176197

View attachment 176200

View attachment 176203

From this stage of completion however both amps continue individually, which means that first one amp will be completed and only then the other.

To be continued...
Super clean looking work!

As I already threatened you 😆 above - to be continued...

... and continued my work on one of the two babies, which was completely finished the day before yesterday.

Hobbyists, amp builders & circuit & design thieves, you are welcome to take inspiration and intellectual borrowings from the following photos.

A very special shout out to the overweight sack face in Scarborough/Canada - if you would like more detailed photos or even design plans, just let me know. I still have your private email since 18 years :cool:

IMG_8048e.jpg

IMG_8049e.jpg

IMG_8050.jpeg

IMG_8051.jpeg

IMG_8052.jpeg

The watchful eye of the amp designer must have noticed that I didn't use a single shielded cable in the entire lead section - and it still works flawlessly with no annoying interference.

When you do it that way, you realize how much of the pleasant, silky highs are lost through the capacitance of shielded cables. Highs that ride like glittering stars at the top of the notes.

Shielded cables were only used to the FX loop sections and from the input tube to the clean area of the circuit.

Say it yourself - isn't it a pretty baby? :giggle:

IMG_8054.jpeg

IMG_8055.jpeg

IMG_8056.jpeg

IMG_8057.jpeg

To be continued...

Last edited:

... and continued my work on one of the two babies, which was completely finished the day before yesterday.

Hobbyists, amp builders & circuit & design thieves, you are welcome to take inspiration and intellectual borrowings from the following photos.

A very special shout out to the overweight sack face in Scarborough/Canada - if you would like more detailed photos or even design plans, just let me know. I still have your private email since 18 years :cool:

View attachment 182647

View attachment 182650

View attachment 182656

View attachment 182665

View attachment 182668

The watchful eye of the amp designer must have noticed that I didn't use a single shielded cable in the entire lead section - and it still works flawlessly with no annoying interference.

When you do it that way, you realize how much of the pleasant, silky highs are lost through the capacitance of shielded cables. Highs that ride like glittering stars at the top of the notes.

Shielded cables were only used to the FX loop sections and from the input tube to the clean area of the circuit.

View attachment 182677

View attachment 182680

View attachment 182686

View attachment 182689

To be continued...
Larry, this is like aliens technology. Great work!!

View attachment 182647

View attachment 182650

View attachment 182656

View attachment 182665

View attachment 182668

View attachment 182677

View attachment 182680

View attachment 182686

View attachment 182689

To be continued...
All the fantastic colors..
It really is beautiful inside there.

It reminds me of gazing into a cellphone
20 minutes after ingesting a magic mushroom
omelet …

Live is art,