Pete Thorn demos a new amp you can put on your pedalboard.

That's because their "music" is mostly dogshit. They can't write songs. It's all guitar pro robotic technical wizardry with no real emotion behind it, no real ideas behind it.

Punjabi Bitch Lasagna, Neck Tattoo Twink, "Holy Shit it's a Black Guy,"....I don't give two tenths of a shit about modern guitar pro emo "metal" 🤷

And neither do alot of people here.

I think Angel Vivaldi and a couple others are very good players, but what I would really like to hear is Angel Vivaldi in a band that actually fucking rocks - not Angel Vivaldi jerking off on his Instagram.
There is still some great new mi
Goddamn I dont watch youtube guitar channels but fuck that guy was an idiot! Super punchable face too.
He’s acts like that shit . It’s horrible as fuck

Working with the public can be interesting.

I never thought of Pete as anything other than a other guitar player that got some pretty good gigs and used what resources that are available in this era to make a living at it. He does play cleaner than most guitarist. Years ago when I was trying to make a living playing it was teaching, studio work and playing in three bands. The income was never steady. I often worked close to 70 hours a week. Eventually I did not enjoy the work and had issues with my hands. How many of us here only play guitar for a living or have ever tried it ? I'm going to guess not many.

I mean look at a individual like Tim Pierce.... Played on a zillion projects. Very accomplished studio player. Barely ever plays live. Now rarely does studio work. Does the YouTube thing and sells lessons. It's just a very different era in music and where guitar fits in.

I see people hate on individuals like Ola. What he is doing isn't much different. There is many people like Glenn Fricker who I kinda see as a clown but certainly don't hate him. Then there is guys like I mentioned before like Stevie T that have been very successful in the YouTube thing. Obviously and intentionally obnoxious. The guy has made millions. Was able to buy a nice home. It certainly wasn't from his YouTube fees....it was the advertising that made all the money.

There is dozens if not hundreds more. It's obviously subjective taste in what a individual loves and hates. I could care less about any of that.
I have had friends suggest I do a YouTube for a living and work with them on the project. I decided it wasn't for me. I work in the funeral industry and play guitar when I feel like it.

This place is one of the very very very few that even allows talk of any kind that isn't hardcore pro government establishment and any talk against the government narrative results in an immediate banning .

Don't forget the government and mainstream media insist ANYTHING that doesn't fit their exact narrative is extreme right wing, it's so ridiculously absurd and exceptionally stupid people buy into it.

Everything that doesn't fit the government narrative these days is censored and due to this there are a ton of people who have no clue what the real truth is . Rigtalk is a website that allows people who know better than to trust the official government narrative to post the things from independent sources that the mainstream will NEVER EVER mention or report on especially since they were paid not to report on it .

The mainstream accuses us as being extremists , we aren't extremists we're people of every race and political affiliation who hate seeing what's happening to this country .
Preach!

Working with the public can be interesting.

I never thought of Pete as anything other than a other guitar player that got some pretty good gigs and used what resources that are available in this era to make a living at it. He does play cleaner than most guitarist. Years ago when I was trying to make a living playing it was teaching, studio work and playing in three bands. The income was never steady. I often worked close to 70 hours a week. Eventually I did not enjoy the work and had issues with my hands. How many of us here only play guitar for a living or have ever tried it ? I'm going to guess not many.

I mean look at a individual like Tim Pierce.... Played on a zillion projects. Very accomplished studio player. Barely ever plays live. Now rarely does studio work. Does the YouTube thing and sells lessons. It's just a very different era in music and where guitar fits in.

I see people hate on individuals like Ola. What he is doing isn't much different. There is many people like Glenn Fricker who I kinda see as a clown but certainly don't hate him. Then there is guys like I mentioned before like Stevie T that have been very successful in the YouTube thing. Obviously and intentionally obnoxious. The guy has made millions. Was able to buy a nice home. It certainly wasn't from his YouTube fees....it was the advertising that made all the money.

There is dozens if not hundreds more. It's obviously subjective taste in what a individual loves and hates. I could care less about any of that.
I have had friends suggest I do a YouTube for a living and work with them on the project. I decided it wasn't for me. I work in the funeral industry and play guitar when I feel like it.
Flawless victory followed by fatality. I can always count on you for balanced and accurate takes.

This place is one of the very very very few that even allows talk of any kind that isn't hardcore pro government establishment and any talk against the government narrative results in an immediate banning .

Don't forget the government and mainstream media insist ANYTHING that doesn't fit their exact narrative is extreme right wing, it's so ridiculously absurd and exceptionally stupid people buy into it.

Everything that doesn't fit the government narrative these days is censored and due to this there are a ton of people who have no clue what the real truth is . Rigtalk is a website that allows people who know better than to trust the official government narrative to post the things from independent sources that the mainstream will NEVER EVER mention or report on especially since they were paid not to report on it .

The mainstream accuses us as being extremists , we aren't extremists we're people of every race and political affiliation who hate seeing what's happening to this country .

Buuuuut sometimes you guys clearly also lean one way and also peddle nonsense. Let's just call it what it is. I don't mind it because I find it entertaining and I do appreciate that here on RT we just let her rip. But people on both sides of these debates can go a bit loopy and I can't believe there is no common sense that is found straight down the pipe. When you ride the fence you are free to call BS on either side, be a peace loving hippy one moment AND then a total gas guzzling feed my mustang enviro wrecker the next. I think the media on both sides has done such a disservice to the general population in that it feeds the extremes and clearly pitches people against each other. I mean common sense.. it's awesome to have the right to arms for example but terrible when police are scared to take on a 16 year old loaded to the tits with ammo and killing kids. It's great to embrace trans people but nonsensical when you give 13 year olds hormone blockers and teach/force young kids that people can be fluid. We could do this for any issue. All these issues have middle ground but people are hell bent on staying on their side. I rarely see a PT thread without the comments going into his political rants. Who cares? I care more about his locking saddles than his belief system.

BTW what is happening in your country is the same thing that is happening in mine. They are encouraging liberals against conservatives and forcing people into a category. " Save the country " rhetoric. This is the greatest brainwash of all. Freedom is outside of both. Man some of the news stories here in Canada are so ridiculous from left and right wing outlets. Total trash rag garbage. We feed into this by not being able to be "politically fluid" . lol.. see what I did there? Oh and we also have our version of Texas in Alberta and then also Quebec so we have two additional movements always trying to stoke the fires behind the scenes. It's not easy navigating all this negativity out there when amplified by the media.

Goddamn I dont watch youtube guitar channels but fuck that guy was an idiot! Super punchable face too.

Stevie T does have a punchable face and I can't see how he will be able to keep this up BUT sometimes he has some pretty funny and genius videos and he is a slick guitar player. The guy suffers from all sort of issues and depression though so this is how it comes out...in a punchable face. Def. small doses with that guy.But..he's worked hard for it and built a brand. I respect that.

BTW what is happening in your country is the same thing that is happening in mine. They are encouraging liberals against conservatives and forcing people into a category. " Save the country " rhetoric. This is the greatest brainwash of all. Freedom is outside of both. Man some of the news stories here in Canada are so ridiculous from left and right wing outlets. Total trash rag garbage. We feed into this by not being able to be "politically fluid" . lol.. see what I did there? Oh and we also have our version of Texas in Alberta and then also Quebec so we have two additional movements always trying to stoke the fires behind the scenes. It's not easy navigating all this negativity out there when amplified by the media.

Its been funny to watch the American influence sneak into our politics. First Kevin O'Leary attempting to make it into government (DT Jr.), now the premier of Alberta (I think) falsely claiming First Nations heritage.

100% the only way to have any real integrity is to ride the fence.

Buuuuut sometimes you guys clearly also lean one way and also peddle nonsense. Let's just call it what it is. I don't mind it because I find it entertaining and I do appreciate that here on RT we just let her rip. But people on both sides of these debates can go a bit loopy and I can't believe there is no common sense that is found straight down the pipe. When you ride the fence you are free to call BS on either side, be a peace loving hippy one moment AND then a total gas guzzling feed my mustang enviro wrecker the next. I think the media on both sides has done such a disservice to the general population in that it feeds the extremes and clearly pitches people against each other. I mean common sense.. it's awesome to have the right to arms for example but terrible when police are scared to take on a 16 year old loaded to the tits with ammo and killing kids. It's great to embrace trans people but nonsensical when you give 13 year olds hormone blockers and teach/force young kids that people can be fluid. We could do this for any issue. All these issues have middle ground but people are hell bent on staying on their side. I rarely see a PT thread without the comments going into his political rants. Who cares? I care more about his locking saddles than his belief system.

I appreciate your well thought out answer but

4K5CFHH4OVDKTBCKFLJE2YFRSY.jpg

I sure as hell don’t purchase items based on YouTube shills. I also surely do not automatically disregard a piece simply because one is trending within the shill community. My research method is checking out the company website literature and then googling the product name while adding various forum names to the search parameters that will yield real world user experiences.

Its been funny to watch the American influence sneak into our politics. First Kevin O'Leary attempting to make it into government (DT Jr.), now the premier of Alberta (I think) falsely claiming First Nations heritage.

100% the only way to have any real integrity is to ride the fence.

There are just a lot of snake oil salesmen in politics now ranging from our own PM in this country to the opposition. It's funny listening to Joe Rogan and guests joke about politics when they say, who in their right mind would want to be president? So true. The political system is such a swamp no matter where you are. The debates are also funny because they end up sounding like junior high debate club with pointing fingers and one upper lines. These are the people we have making decisions for us because we don't want to be the guy to play those games and make those decisions. Also, no matter who they are, they always raise our taxes and find ways to make us pay for more. Funny how that works eh? Giving big builders a tax break for huge developments and tens of thousands of homes? Well, we need infrastructure for all of that but don't worry, you and I can pay for it with another property or city tax hike! Just the cost of living folks! Now go blame immigrants and support freedom in Ukraine!

This thread delivers !
Pete is a great talented player for sure.
As a person from his own actions, I would say he is a douche nozzle at the least !
Rig talk is one of the most entertaining sites left !
Freedom !
We can each decide what we do or don't like and share our unfiltered opinions.
We can agree to disagree on things and still love guitar and tones , pedals , speakers etc that our own ears like .
Happy Thanksgiving rig talk brothers and sisters.

Why? If I were to guess... I would suspect the " purge" of users around here took place once people felt it was being overrun by right wing ideology and anti vaccine talk. It seems to make it's way into most of our threads and I can see where that might offend some people who lean George Lynch. For a non American it doesn't bug me much but I get how sensitive you guys are with your politics so all the left leaners likely upped and left because of that... not because we picked on their favourite guitar players or don't like Polyphia and turtle neck.

It's because there's a ton of internet tough guys on here who accuse everyone else of being internet tough guys while simultaneously whining and complaining about anything that came into existence after 1992.

Stevie T does have a punchable face and I can't see how he will be able to keep this up BUT sometimes he has some pretty funny and genius videos and he is a slick guitar player. The guy suffers from all sort of issues and depression though so this is how it comes out...in a punchable face. Def. small doses with that guy.But..he's worked hard for it and built a brand. I respect that.
man I think he's hilarious. But I've had a few head traumas also....o_O

That's a fair point, but not exactly what I'm getting at.

it's that he's never been in a kickass band where he wrote kickass (original) songs.

He's a hired gun that can mime other players well 🤷

Which is fine. But if that's a "guitar hero" for the modern era....yikes.
What about guys like Phil X, Rusty Anderson, Tom Bukovac, Shawn Tubbs, and Tim Pierce, do they fall into the same category for you?

As long as there has been touring acts, there has been hired guns/side men who tour and do session work.

If a large nationally touring act asked you to play guitar on a tour or do a session for large amounts of cash, would you do it? I would in a heart beat. Yet I’ve never been in a big kick ass band that I wrote songs for.

Sadly, the times have changed. I’ve said it before, the guitar hero is basically a thing of the past. Unless some new player comes along, someone who can write amazingly killer songs, play tasteful yet technical leads, and is either wildly charismatic, or attended handsome boy modeling school, a guitar hero might not come along for a while. Some say Tim Henson is the newest
Guitar hero. He is technically brilliant, doesn’t write big radio hits, yet has a ton of followers online on social
Media. Perhaps the definition of the guitar hero has changed a bit over the years. There have been no new rock super groups for quite a while now, and to me, this is sad. I was a really young kid in the 80s, but saw these titans of guitar as literal gods. I thought EVH and Slash were from another planet.

Most successful session and touring guitarists haven’t been in and written songs for a big rock super group. But, Pete Thorn has successfully changed with the times. A lot of guys didn’t. it seems to me that Pete is doing what he can to keep the guitar alive and well. I give him big props for doing this.

I don’t care that he gets paid to demo gear. If I was in his shoes I would do the EXACT SAME THING. I would LOVE to MAKE A LIVING PLAYING GUITAR and get sent FREE GEAR that I GET PAID to demo. He has said quite a few times he only demos gear he likes. Here is the thing, besides Pete, I can’t think of other guitar players who will demo whatever you ask them to for cash. All those other guitar players will demo ANYTHING and say ITS THE GREATEST PIECE OF GEAR EVER MADE!

Back