1982 JCM 800 2204 MOAB mod YouTube clip - RT member build

RedPlated

Just completed this killer 2204 for a Rig Talk member. Came out fantastic. I really like the results with the 50w circuit.

Super punchy mid gain settings in this clip. It’ll get higher gain and more modern. This is just a good, percussive tone with lots of clarity and attack.

That's probably the best sounding amp I've ever heard. Funny thing that all you great amp modders and builders are also great players. Makes me wonder if I got the amp and played it, it might just sound average and all that tone is in your hands lol. Where did you have the MV?

That's probably the best sounding amp I've ever heard. Funny thing that all you great amp modders and builders are also great players. Makes me wonder if I got the amp and played it, it might just sound average and all that tone is in your hands lol. Where did you have the MV?
Wow. That’s about the best comment I could ever ask for. Thanks so much. It means a lot. I put tons of time and effort into tweaking each amp individually as they are all different. I’ve spent the past two days just playing, listening and adjusting it. I usually put more time into that than the actual labor.

The MV was just below 2. But I had the “Atten-u-hater” on back set around 11 o clock. So not super loud in the room. Just enough to get the amp working.

I do pretty much only mod Marshalls. The results are so good with them, it's hard for me to stray away from them. And I know these amps like the back of my hand now. So that makes it fun.

Here’s a photo of the Atten-u-hater.

B12ExTxl.jpg

I agree dude-all these modders seem to be smokin players. send me one to demo. if it sounds good while I'm beatin on it then it is a legit killer amp. Tone is in the hands...I can make about anything sound like shit brothers....it's a gift....all natural...

Back