30 years old!!!

Yes! Lol Zack has to do a cover video of something on here now! hahaha

I listen to this a few times a year still .
well i dont know about you dudes but im drinking whisky and smoking weed and listening to this album right now. if someone said this is the best metal album, or fuck that.. best album period, id have no argument :dunno:
It’s perfect metal to me

The only bad thing about this monumentally influential release is all the crap it spawned. All of a sudden, so many other 80’s and early 90’s acts went all out groove metal and 99% percent of it was done terribly. Of course you cannot blame them for what followed but Pantera did that style better than anyone, before or since, including Exhorder. Sure, Pantera was more than a little influenced by Exhorder but they didn’t have Pantera’s musicianship, drive or songwriting skills. This is Pantera’s finest hour before they started trying a little too hard to be extreme just for the sake of being extreme. Or perhaps they were trying to appease Anselmo’s never ending quest for underground acceptance. On this album I’ll give Anselmo a lot of credit for creating memorable vocal parts that are mostly devoid of melody lol

I’d blast this in my room burning my HS years when this came out. Had a Sony CD > Marantz Receiver > Cervin Vega Speakers = Brutal!

Back