Actually good female guitarists?

As far as Nita she is OK for what she is doing but I don't think she deserves the cover any time a female guitarist is mentioned. There is a lot of talent out there.

Also I saw baroness with Gina Gerson and while not super shreddy they were amazing. Those guys changed my opinion on heavy tones. They are playing Roland JC's and fenders with single coils and still sound heavy as hell

Reactions: fek
Didn't read the whole thread, maybe I did when they were posted, don't remember. Anyway, I don't really think about it too much. If it rips and I like it, it's good. But I'll participate.

Burning Witches is pretty damn cool.

So is Cobra Spell and I love they way they embrace the 80's hard rock vibe.

Plush are cool

Pretty cool, I like the sludgy guitars and high vocals over top, cool sound. Will give them more of a spin.

Forgot one I just stumbled across recently, Thundermother. Just found this band, but seems like cool rocks & roll rebel with real vintage Marshall jams.

Thundermother:

Didn't read the whole thread, maybe I did when they were posted, don't remember. Anyway, I don't really think about it too much. If it rips and I like it, it's good. But I'll participate.

Sonia Anubis was in Burning Witches, then the first lineup of Crypta, then Cobra Spell. She can throw down.

Last edited:
Pretty cool, I like the sludgy guitars and high vocals over top, cool sound. Will give them more of a spin.

Forgot one I just stumbled across recently, Thundermother. Just found this band, but seems like cool rocks & roll rebel with real vintage Marshall jams.

Thundermother:

Damn! I need to check out some more of their music.

Also I saw baroness with Gina Gerson and while not super shreddy they were amazing. Those guys changed my opinion on heavy tones. They are playing Roland JC's and fenders with single coils and still sound heavy as hell

The Seymour Duncan YJM pickups kick ass with high gain.

Same with DiMarzio stacked Strat size pickups... the HS3 is amazing for high gain sounds.

DiMarzio vs Duncan

Last edited:
Prolly gonna get me laughed out of the thread, since there's absolutely nothing metal about her, but has Hannah Wicklund been mentioned? She played up here a couple years ago at my city's Mile of Music festival, and while she could have a full career merely as an amazing singer, I can attest that, live, she is also the real deal on blues/rock guitar. Kinda annoying to see such musical maturity in a kid so young... :-/

Gina Gleason of Baroness

I think all listed in this thread can play and probably play better than every user here, Gina is the only one I actually listen to. I don't care how good anyone is if they don't play anything I want to listen to. Aside from Gina and baroness, Nancy Wilson and heart, I actually listen to...

Big fan of Burning Witches. Courtney Cox is the lead player for them now and it's a huge improvement. The previous lead players really struggled live. Check out some recent live vids of them with Courtney. She recorded most of the songs on The Dark Tower and became a permanent member just after it released.

Idk, I don't think a female guitarist has to "shred" to be good. I really like Beabadoobee, Calista Clark, Yvette Young, Wata... to name a few
I got hired to do a wedding gig coming up, and while going through the setlist (90% stuff I've never heard hahah) I stumbled on this video of this Japanese lady just smoking through the rhythm chops and blowing out a tasty solo over this Dua Lipa tune we're doing. Color me impressed

Back