Amps You Have Purchased More Than Once

6505+ twice. VTM60 3 times and I'm currently shopping for a 4th. Ceriatone 2204 - first one I had modded but I have a second one on order that will be left stock.

Not exactly the same amp but I sold my KSR Orthos mk2 50 watt and replaced it with an Ares 50. The Ares suits me more. I don't really use a clean channel so the Ares is damn near perfect for me

Yeah I’m guilty as hell. Unfortunately I don’t have the money to own and keep all the amps I dig. So I usually have off one to get one.

Mark V 5x
Mark IV 4x
Recto’s 6x
Herbert 3x
Vh4 x3
Bogner XTC 4x
20th Shiva x3
Ubers x5
Various 800’s JMP’s 6x

I’m sure there are few more. It’s a sickness for sure.

I've had 3 of the Peavey 5150 heads; two block letters and a sig. Then I had two EVH 5150 III heads, but one was 100 watt and one was 50. I had a Redbear MK60 and a MK120 at one point. The only other one was a Dual Rectifier, but one was a rev G and the other a Tremoverb. I'm going to own another Dual Rectifier at some point.

JP-2c
QuickRod 100
Mark III (both black dots)
Triple rectifier (still have 1)
Mark V25
Marshall Superlead 1959 (still have both)
5150 (still have one)
Mesa Boogie Quad (wish I kept one)
Ada-MP1

Last edited:
Boogies, I have bought Mark II, III, & IV's of all types over and over. Now I've the Boogie Quad preamp and all that is good in those amps is in the Quad.

I also, like everyone, have bought and sold so many Marshalls it is uncountable, but I still have a 1974 full stack that gets pretty much daily use.

But, I am buying another motherfucking Les Paul! Again! It's a nightmare for me, I just can't resist having an LP in the house. At least this time I can't lose $$$$ selling it because it's a "tribute" model which I liked when I had one but regretfully sold it to buy a "real" LP. I swear off LP's for a while and then I see one and obsess over owning it.

I have shitty shitty diarrhea G.A.S. for Les Pauls! It's like being lactose intolerant and eating ice cream, resistance is futile because it looks so good.

Last edited:
The only “amp” (not counting preamps) I’ve repeated is Laney AOR 50 watt, but they were a series 1 and series 2, and the second one was a hostage as the person owed me money.

The series 2 sounded like shit compared to the series 1

i've probably had 10 mark IV's. 4 simul satellites, probably a dozen mark III's, 6 or 7 c+'s, 4 or 5 IIB's, several 5150's, 4 or 5 fender champ/vibro champs, 2 kempers, 3 marshall 8100's, thats all i can think of rn.
i was pretty nuts with buying and selling between like 2002-2012

Only 1 for me:

Bogner Shiva 20th

But I’m periodically on the prowl for another Diezel Hagen and Randall RH100

Remember when we were all flipping Peavey 5150s for $500-$600? I bought my first one for $250 (beat to shit from a car crash in the bed of a pickup truck). Now I wouldn't sell mine for 2 grand.

Remember when we were all flipping Peavey 5150s for $500-$600? I bought my first one for $250 (beat to shit from a car crash in the bed of a pickup truck). Now I wouldn't sell mine for 2 grand.

I bought a 5150 in like-new condition for $350 around 2005 or so. I sold it a year or so after that for twice what I paid for it and still kick myself for not having kept it. It was such a great amp. Like I said a few posts above though, I bought another 5150 recently and this one's not going anywhere.

Back