Any fans of the Diezel Paul?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Soundstorm
  • Start date Start date
Soundstorm

Soundstorm

Well-known member
Why do you like it, what style do you play, do you boost? I've owned the D-Moll twice and really liked it but I'm attracted to the prospect of a more open, tighter version of it with the Paul.
 
I love the amp. It's a keeper for me.

Clean, fusion, rock, hard rock.

No boosting.


I'm also not detecting as much of a tonal change between Ch. 2 and 3 like there was on the D-Moll. Channel three on that one had tons of lower mids and compression and I couldn't use them as rhythm 1 and 2 like I wanted, there was too much of a tonal imbalance with the shared EQ.
 
I never played the Paul, but I did play the D-Moll at a guy that was selling it, and it was just too congested in the low mids on both CH2 and 3.
Cleans were probably top 5 best ever, but I left without the amp. I was hoping for a smaller Herbert, but it missed the kerrangy side of the Herbert, and while it had a similar heft in the Tone, not being able to dial out that low-mid congestion, was a deal breaker for me.
 
i’d like a best of diezel herbert clean ch 1, paul ch 2, vh-4 ch 3 and herbert high gain ch 4.
 
i’d like a best of diezel herbert clean ch 1, paul ch 2, vh-4 ch 3 and herbert high gain ch 4.
That’s quite a statement! You don’t hear much about these. Edit: Misread the comment.
 
Last edited:
That’s quite a statement! You don’t hear much about these.
i was able to spend some quality time with Peter D. on a few different occasions at the original tone merchants in orange.
the first time was when the vh-4 had become the buzz and he was designing the v1 herbert prototype no headshell loaded with 6550s. i filmed him demoing it and he wanted my general feedback on the sound and features.

another time we were having a go at different amps and i brought my egnater tol 50 combo which he jokingkly cussed out Bruce on camera for it sounding so cool😆. but i got to play his production herbert side by side with a bevy of boutique amps including two rocks and herbie held his own.
 
i was able to spend some quality time with Peter D. on a few different occasions at the original tone merchants in orange.
the first time was when the vh-4 had become the buzz and he was designing the v1 herbert prototype no headshell loaded with 6550s. i filmed him demoing it and he wanted my general feedback on the sound and features.

another time we were having a go at different amps and i brought my egnater tol 50 combo which he jokingkly cussed out Bruce on camera for it sounding so cool😆. but i got to play his production herbert side by side with a bevy of boutique amps including two rocks and herbie held his own.

I got the Herbert very early. I liked it. The guitar player from Saga was using a Herbert MK1 in those early days too..
It's a beastly amp.

I am more happy with the Paul. It's suits me better for what I do now..
 
I got the Herbert very early. I liked it. The guitar player from Saga was using a Herbert MK1 in those early days too..
It's a beastly amp.

I am more happy with the Paul. It's suits me better for what I do now..
of the Paul tones you demoed ch 2 stood out to me as more my speed. i prefer my gain tones to be earthy vs laser steel tight.
two of my friends bought the herbert v2 based on my suggestions. one was a studio owner and the other a die hard dokken and vh fan.
but that first proto Peter had although a bit unrefined was furious and unapologetically loud.
 
i was able to spend some quality time with Peter D. on a few different occasions at the original tone merchants in orange.
the first time was when the vh-4 had become the buzz and he was designing the v1 herbert prototype no headshell loaded with 6550s. i filmed him demoing it and he wanted my general feedback on the sound and features.

another time we were having a go at different amps and i brought my egnater tol 50 combo which he jokingkly cussed out Bruce on camera for it sounding so cool😆. but i got to play his production herbert side by side with a bevy of boutique amps including two rocks and herbie held his own.
Ah I misread your first comment. This is an amp you'd like to exist. Yeah I'd definitely be onboard with that. I wish I'd hear more about a VHX 25. Not sure if that was a rumor or a real amp.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top