Any news of Cameron lately?

That's because DF's base is global and not exclusive to a handful of people on an 80's cock-rock forum.
You may be right in that maybe DF doesn't see a market for it. But the CCV can get way more modern than 80's mode and would not be only wanted by a tiny market. I mean...he made a Phil X (I love Phil X just sayin').

You may be right in that maybe DF doesn't see a market for it. But the CCV can get way more modern than 80's mode and would not be only wanted by a tiny market. I mean...he made a Phil X (I love Phil X just sayin').
Name me 10 recording artists in the last 50 years that have released hit records or won Grammys playing a CCV ?
Talking Billboards top 10.

Name me 10 recording artists in the last 50 years that have released hit records or won Grammys playing a CCV ?
Talking Billboards top 10.
Name me 10 artists that had made hit records/won Grammys with any Friedman amp prior to them being released in large numbers?

1609439192768.jpeg

This is very true. Even though it seems most ccv owners are ‘80’s guys, I see the ccv’s real forte as being for more modern styles of metal and it also has one of the better clean channels I’ve heard in multi channel amps. One of my friends has a ccv and 3 Cameron modded Marshall’s and he’s a tech-death player. He plays very heavy, modern and fast, technical stuff and imo the Cameron’s sound way better for what he does with them than when I hear ‘80’s guys like Rockinchippy do their thing on them. I have nothing against Rockinchippy btw. I’ve met him and he was very nice and friendly, but just think his approach to gear and demos is not good

I’ve owned 4 Friedman’s (Butterslax, Phil X, 2 modded Marshall’s) and have tried all their models except the new Jake E Lee and Twin Sister and none of them sounded anywhere near as good to me as the Cameron’s I’ve had and I’ve done plenty of AB comparisons. In the comparisons I’ve done it sounds like they’re both going for the same thing basically soundwise, but the Friedman’s miss the mark in comparison. At least to my ears

This is very true. Even though it seems most ccv owners are ‘80’s guys, I see the ccv’s real forte as being for more modern styles of metal and it also has one of the better clean channels I’ve heard in multi channel amps. One of my friends has a ccv and 3 Cameron modded Marshall’s and he’s a tech-death player. He plays very heavy, modern and fast, technical stuff and imo the Cameron’s sound way better for what he does with them than when I hear ‘80’s guys like Rockinchippy do their thing on them. I have nothing against Rockinchippy btw. I’ve met him and he was very nice and friendly, but just think his approach to gear and demos is not good

I’ve owned 4 Friedman’s (Butterslax, Phil X, 2 modded Marshall’s) and have tried all their models except the new Jake E Lee and Twin Sister and none of them sounded anywhere near as good to me as the Cameron’s I’ve had and I’ve done plenty of AB comparisons. In the comparisons I’ve done it sounds like they’re both going for the same thing basically soundwise, but the Friedman’s miss the mark in comparison. At least to my ears
He sure sells a lot of amps for missing the mark. Once he hits it he’s gonna make a killing ?

He sure sells a lot of amps for missing the mark. Once he hits it he’s gonna make a killing ?
No argument there about him selling a lot of amps. Don’t get me wrong I still think his amps sound very good overall, but would take a good vintage Marshall boosted or Cameron Mod any day, but those aren’t new production amps you can just get whenever you want, so it makes sense Friedman is doing so well since it’s maybe the best practical alternative plus he built a great reputation and phenomenal customer service. I’m not at all trying to talk down on Friedman’s, but just saying that I feel there’s some better stuff out there for that flavor of tone imo. I know it’s never gonna happen, but if hypothetically Cameron’s were production amps with the same great support and everything as Friedman, I’m not so sure if Friedman’s would do nearly as well. We’ll never know though

No argument there about him selling a lot of amps. Don’t get me wrong I still think his amps sound very good overall, but would take a good vintage Marshall boosted or Cameron Mod any day, but those aren’t new production amps you can just get whenever you want, so it makes sense Friedman is doing so well since it’s maybe the best practical alternative plus he built a great reputation and phenomenal customer service. I’m not at all trying to talk down on Friedman’s, but just saying that I feel there’s some better stuff out there for that flavor of tone imo. I know it’s never gonna happen, but if hypothetically Cameron’s were production amps with the same great support and everything as Friedman, I’m not so sure if Friedman’s would do nearly as well. We’ll never know though
It’s all good Bro. I’m just trying to has some fun. I’ve owned many Cameron’s and they do sound good if you like that specific tone. They have a great feel but like any other amp they’re not for everyone

^This just made me realize:
I'm sure DF could make a CCV if he wanted.
It could be the most expensive amp he's made.
There is certainly a market for a CCV-type amp.
Yet he doesn't.
Things that make you go, "Hmmmm?"
Doesn't ceriatone make some variation of a Cameron? I had a cameron in 2000 it was ok but when you hit with a boost it made it lose volume instead of boosting it.

Doesn't ceriatone make some variation of a Cameron? I had a cameron in 2000 it was ok but when you hit with a boost it made it lose volume instead of boosting it.
Yes they do. Haven’t tried ‘em yet myself though. Most of the Cameron’s I’ve had didn’t sound good with boosts, but didn’t need them anyway imo. Same with my Monomyth’s. Terrible with boosts, but really no need with those amps

They sell a copy of the Friedman-designed Atomica, though Nik made some changes to it.

That's because DF's base is global and not exclusive to a handful of people on an 80's cock-rock forum.
FWIW a CCV isn't really "all that".
Nope. He can’t make one because the Tone Merchants version was not correct to the real design; Cameron purposely held back on the actual CCV design for reasons only he knows.
This is why the ‘pre Brad’ CCVs sound better and are more sought after; although some Brad era CCVs were Re-worked by Mark and are true CCVs now.

Nope. He can’t make one because the Tone Merchants version was not correct to the real design for reasons only he knows.
Certainly not so no matter what happened, he could always come out in the future and say "Well, those actually weren't the REAL designs though..." when he finds the next suc..I mean investor to hype the amp to.

The King Kong. I bought a used one with stock transformers and it sounded good after some mods. I can't say how they sound stock because the previous owners modded it (one of which is a very 'sunny' guy who reverse-engineers a lot of amps ;) ). It had a 33ohm (not 33k ohm...33R!) slope resistor on the gain channel tone stack...just to give you an idea. I also installed a Metro loop and liked it but a IIC+ came available and I flipped it. Want another with my own chosen iron. I think I know which MM trannies to get.

Nope. He can’t make one because the Tone Merchants version was not correct to the real design; Cameron purposely held back on the actual CCV design for reasons only he knows.
This is why the ‘pre Brad’ CCVs sound better and are more sought after; although some Brad era CCVs were Re-worked by Mark and are true CCVs now.
That makes more sense but I guess I figured it was a "trust me, Dave knows" situation. Meaning, he's probably been inside a real one. :)

Back