Any news of Cameron lately?

Looks like some of my earlier assumptions were incorrect. The debt CamAmps (Brad Era) took on did NOT include the money and donors people had sent Mark.

Ooops. My bad. Didn't mean to spread false info. I thought the goal of all of this was to make whole the people who got screwed using future profits. :dunno:

To quote Brad - "Each case is not my sole decision, it has to be agreed on by Rob and Dave as well who want all of this resolved as well. If you gave your money to Mark Cameron before we licensed his amps you can chase the guy you gave your money too, we have no contract or agreement with you and our best intentions to get you whole FROM mark didnt work out. Sorry, we tried, he flaked and thats it. I will no longer tolerate the bashing, flame throwing threads any more. If you are affected and ordered one of OUR amps we will resolve it to make you whole and I will do everything possible to get that done. I will not warn anymore on this topic. "

https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/cameron-bash-threads.142919/
Numerous people tried to warn him. But he didn't listen. He wasn't the first, and I bet he won't be the last.

That's not how the contract reads.... I have a copy of it.
That's cool. I don't. I've only have seen that one little part. If it is indicative of the way the rest of the contract is written my guess is that the contract is null and void. Brad was saying back in 2013 or whatever that if you got screwed by Mark then go to Mark. Unless I'm missing something here. If so, I apologize. Also, if this was a thread about the tone of Cameron amps or a Cameron NAD thread - I wouldn't bring it up.

That's cool. I don't. I've only have seen that one little part. If it is indicative of the way the rest of the contract is written my guess is that the contract is null and void. Brad was saying back in 2013 or whatever that if you got screwed by Mark then go to Mark. Unless I'm missing something here. If so, I apologize. Also, if this was a thread about the tone of Cameron amps or a Cameron NAD thread - I wouldn't bring it up.

gotcha. My personal opinion was that Brad wasn’t telling the truth.

And Mark does right ?
Sez the guy with every Cameron amp possible lol.
Not saying you're biased but um ...

I didn’t get any of my amps from Mark and he owes me a CCV, so I don’t consider myself biased. Anyway, I don’t care to comment further.

gotcha. My personal opinion was that Brad wasn’t telling the truth.
I don't think I was real clear in my though process either TBH. Again, I'm on the outside looking in. As mentioned, I don't know Brad or Dave or Mark or Metro. #14 of that contract states that Mark owes CamAmp the sum of $42,000 (14 x $3,000 each). I assumed that was in reference to the 14 people who claimed they never got an amp after paying Mark (not including the donor amp stuff). It then says that CamAmp accepts full responsibility for this obligation. Then, in that one thread, Brad says that he is not responsible for any monies given to Mark prior to the creation of CamAmps - or at least the date of counter-signature of said contract.

What I don't understand is - what happened after that? Brad said Mark flaked out and it was a bad business decision. That Mark didn't live up to his end of the bargain. I have to assume that is a combination of not paying CamAmps the $42K and the whole secret sauce schematic thing. So does that mean that that contract is null and void?

Again, I didn't come here to spread lies or ill-will. I'm just trying to understand as I've done business with Nick (dawnofadream) and I trust him and I also feel sorry for him.

I will resume for you:

Brad an co made a deal with Mark.
They would make the Mark amp models, CCV included, and part of the profit would pay the 14 Fucked.
The contract said Mark should help them, what never happened. Mark told some excuses about the amp fabrication being not like he wanted and instead he fix it, he vanished, as usual.
Brad and co. sold some amps and they never send a dime to the fucked 14 (they had told they payed two guys who
Mark owed with the profit, but their names had never been found or told).
Brad excuses are Mark should help in the production to the Fucked 14 get refund.

Every year or two we got some e-mail from Jason telling they are willing to make amps again and we will be refunded, which never happened.

In the end, we are the still fucked 14.

Cameron’s are some of the best sounding/feeling amps out there period. If someone wants that tone, they can buy one. It’s their choice. I’ve only ever bought them used; they are just too much coin new for my taste. Do I think MC should make things right?
Absolutely. I hope he has the ability to do so going forward. But savaging anyone for buying a used one is comedy at best.
Why are they the "best"/feeling" amps out where?
In a band mix or wanking in front of the amp ?
Versatility?
Most that get one of these amps eventually feel guilt just looking at those boxes of junk sitting on the cabinet.
But NEVER speak the truth, it effects resale value!!!

So I say this again , we should ban any sales of "cameron" one off amps and items from rig talk .... i think it is time , who is with me ?

Man these threads always go to shit. No matter what if it was 12 amps it should have been very easily replaced when he is selling 20 watt amps for 3k. How long does it take to really build an amp if that is your job? A day, a month, a year? Either one of those options and everyone should have been made whole several times over. I mean if I screwed up this bad I would pay people back just to quit having 10+ long pages of people bitching.

Is it about the money to actually build the amps? It really doesnt cost that much to build an amp from the ground up resistors and caps cost pennies to at the most a couple bucks, and 2-300 for iron. What cost the most is his time which he doesnt feel like he owes you after ripping off everyone.

At the very least sell 1 $3-4000 amp then build 1 to pay someone back. Imagine if every few months you heard someone say "I got the Cameron I was owed"...

There really are no excuses. I've seen black market deals go bad and end up having better results. "Mark's a good guy, he just got taken advantage of.. he was sick... his dog ate the amps..." It doesnt matter he has had PLENTY of time. IDGAF if his amps make me ejaculate every time I power one on or if he gave me the best tips on modding an amp I would never give him a dime/or even compliment him out of principle.

In my younger partying days I knew a lot of shady people and some were really nice people/talented people. The absolutely best thing I did was avoid them like the plague.I would apply the same logic here
sorry but you don’t know what you’re talking about. You don’t get rich off of building 1 off multichannel amps, nor are they quick to build. Now add in the business side and the margin is even smaller. It takes alot of time to become profitable.

Last edited:
sorry but you don’t know what you’re talking about. You don’t get rich off of building 1 off multichannel amps, nor are they quick to build. Now add in the business side and the margin is even smaller. It takes slot of time to become profitable.

The best thing that could have happened was Dave Friedman or another builder and Mark collaborating on a build and him passing along his schematics, etc. A scenario where he passes on his knowledge and gets a cut of the profits, is a win-win for everyone. Dave Friedman would get to add another "voice" to his line of amps and Mark would be involved in a way but hands off enough that he can do whatever the hell he wants. I know that is oversimplifying it.

Did anybody ever sue him or bernie rico jr? They burned a shit load of ppl for a boatload of cash, so I'd be surprised if nobody actually filed suit...but I never heard about anything like that. I get that you can't get blood from a stone but god damn if I got jipped for that much coin i'd at least take the fuckers to small claims court just on the principle.

The best thing that could have happened was Dave Friedman or another builder and Mark collaborating on a build and him passing along his schematics, etc. A scenario where he passes on his knowledge and gets a cut of the profits, is a win-win for everyone. Dave Friedman would get to add another "voice" to his line of amps and Mark would be involved in a way but hands off enough that he can do whatever the hell he wants. I know that is oversimplifying it.
When the rights to Cameron’s name and design were bought, I would think there were legal papers to accompany that. Whomever took over the name and the rights should be equally responsible, correct? I recall Brad and gang saying they were going to make right. I find it hard to believe that a group of successful smart guys behind the Brad era mod couldn’t keep an amp line going without Mark once they had a design. You have to remember Dave has for the most part always had someone less build his amps. BAD does all of that for him and metro before that. BAD probably wanted nothing to do with it a Dave couldn’t do it alone.

^This just made me realize:
I'm sure DF could make a CCV if he wanted.
It could be the most expensive amp he's made.
There is certainly a market for a CCV-type amp.
Yet he doesn't.
Things that make you go, "Hmmmm?"

^This just made me realize:
I'm sure DF could make a CCV if he wanted.
It could be the most expensive amp he's made.
There is certainly a market for a CCV-type amp.
Yet he doesn't.
Things that make you go, "Hmmmm?"
That's because DF's base is global and not exclusive to a handful of people on an 80's cock-rock forum.
FWIW a CCV isn't really "all that".

Back