Anyone Have Experience With These "Clone" Amps?

angelspade

Any of you guys had a chance to try any of the Ceriatone amps or Evolve DYI clones? I'm curious about the quality and how close they sound and feel by comparison to the real thing. Thanks!

Reactions: rsm
I had a Ceriatone Molecular that was better than 95% of most of the amps I have owned.
I only sold it because it was a single channel amp.
This is the actual amp that I bought from the dude demoing it.

I miss that amp.

Build quality if WAY beyond any current production Marshall, & they are 1/2 the price.

Hope that helps.

I had a Ceriatone Molecular that was better than 95% of most of the amps I have owned.

I miss that amp.

Build quality if WAY beyond any current production Marshall, & they are 1/2 the price.

Hope that helps.

That is helpful...And that amp sounds great.

I miss that amp.

Hope that helps.

Is the MGL in your avatar above the 95th percentile as well? How do you like that?

I built this Ceriatone AH-50 (Friedman BE-50 clone) a while back, and used it to record the lead guitar on this track.

xvxF7PG.jpg

Any of you guys had a chance to try any of the Ceriatone amps or Evolve DYI clones? I'm curious about the quality and how close they sound and feel by comparison to the real thing. Thanks!
not yet, but I'm having Ceriatone build me a custom clone of a Vox AC-100 Mk II.

Here's the latest pic of the amp in the headshell from Nik:

PHOTO-2024-05-03-16-11-57.jpg

Is the MGL in your avatar above the 95th percentile as well? How do you like that?
I would enjoy knowing this as well--I don't have one (yet) but I really enjoyed the quick demo in his shop. Very cool amp

Never played a Ceriatone but the guy gets pretty consistently positive feedback and has for quite a while now.

Is the MGL in your avatar above the 95th percentile as well? How do you like tha

Mark was amazing, and it was a pleasure to deal with them during the whole process of the build.
It just didn't get me where I wanted tone-wise.
Great company & service, but I was expecting it to get me somewhere that it did not. So I moved on.
I had hoped it would be a be all- end all type amp for me.
Would absolutely recommend the builder, but it came down to my insatiable need to try new things that led me to sell it.

Mark was amazing, and it was a pleasure to deal with them during the whole process of the build.
It just didn't get me where I wanted tone-wise.
Great company & service, but I was expecting it to get me somewhere that it did not. So I moved on.
I had hoped it would be a be all- end all type amp for me.
Would absolutely recommend the builder, but it came down to my insatiable need to try new things that led me to sell it.

What was lacking for you? I go for raw/aggressive amps with punch and clarity. Was hoping the MGL may do what I’m looking for.

I’ve had a Chupacabra with 6550s and Merren transformers. It was a pretty killer amp, but stupid me sold it due to GAS.

I miss that amp.

Hope that helps.

Haha! You bought the amp from me. I had the 50 watt Yeti and the 50 watt Molecular. Both were killer amps. I did prefer the Molecular though. Killer amp for sure.

Just come over and play mine. Fast way to see if for you. I cant even care about another amp 2 years in. I was searching for different speakers and bought a new pickup that i never installed, theen i flipped two switches on the amp i hadnt tried and the punch and clarity i was missing was there

Back