Axe fx 3 tones!!! This thing is insane!

VESmedic

I don’t think I’ve ever been this impressed by a piece of gear. This thing is giving me way better tones to me than an amp with a loadbox. Completely blown away by this thing, and I feel like im hearing my IR’s for the first time, they sound so much better with the axe than they do with a loadbox. I have no idea why, but it’s night and day. A few others I’ve talked to said they same thing.

Anyways here is the recto 1 orange modern mode with a titan audio IR, Marshall BV cab 57/421. There’s not much on this at all, and I can’t wait to dive more into this thing. Unreal sounding so far to me.

One more in lower tuning with creamback 65s

https://on.soundcloud.com/WgK5wjhviq9Xszo3A

Added: Cameron atomica

https://on.soundcloud.com/XG9kuXGHYcunaRFG9

Last edited:
Axe Fx is quite a nice and powerful device, what can I say.
Better tell me, what headphones y’all use for your guitar related business?

Check out these amp blocks : EVH 50w , Atomica, JP2C+ for metal …. The Bogner Shiva and Ecstasy are also great for clean , mid gain and high gain rock tones

My monitoring system is….. not cheap

Genelec 8351B’s, with the 7370 sub. Fully treated room ( most important part). You don’t have to go that crazy to have great monitoring though. The adams are nice, Neumann makes great stuff, and the cheaper genelec stuff is fantastic as well.

Those genalecs are some of my dream monitors

Glad you’re diggin. HATED mine. Prob user error. Gimme tubes.

Man I think I would’ve hated the earlier versions for sure, way too much tweaking I think on the axe 1 and maybe even the 2. Tubes will always be king, but damn if this thing isn’t amazing to me. How long did you have it?

Man I think I would’ve hated the earlier versions for sure, way too much tweaking I think on the axe 1 and maybe even the 2. Tubes will always be king, but damn if this thing isn’t amazing to me. How long did you have it?
Vesmedic what is the difference between axe2 and Axe3 versions in a live setting if you are using that way? If so what power supply or are you going direct into mains?

Check out these amp blocks : EVH 50w , Atomica, JP2C+ for metal …. The Bogner Shiva and Ecstasy are also great for clean , mid gain and high gain rock tones
Love the Atomica! Don’t forget the Splawn either. Not a fan of the way the real QR feels under the fingers but the AXE version is killer.

Back