battle of the heavy weights clip!!

Thanks for doing this :rock:
They all sound great, but after adjusting for equal playback volume of each clip in my listening room, I like the Monomyth best.
At first playback, the Hermy and the Cam sounded best because they are louder.

I'm not going to read any of the comments until I can check these out later with my headphones but I think you meant NO eq or processing?

yeah no processing, must have been baked. i never do much processing anyway except minor eq tweaks to fit whatever is going on

Thanks for doing this :rock:
They all sound great, but after adjusting for equal playback volume of each clip in my listening room, I like the Monomyth best.
At first playback, the Hermy and the Cam sounded best because they are louder.

thank you for listening. i tried to get them close in volume but listening back i was kind of off lol. the monomyth rips and i thought it would get a little more love honestly

Hermansson
Monomyth
Cameron
IIC+

The Monomyth and IIC+ have a very similar texture but the IIC+ was too scooped for me. Awesome work! Shit...now I'm going to have to really consider sending my Recto to Hermansson.

All sound great, honestly for tone tests I find that all you need to do is change the order of the clips and I’ll rank them differently.

Still think the Hermansson won though
I agree .The Hermansson has a chunky huge thick but clear thunk to it I love lol if that makes sense

What’s the carolsboro Hermansson look like ?
evlHqxb.jpeg

they sound very much alike to me. i hear the eq diff you mentioned on the iic+...sounds a little less mid-rangy

four very-fine amps!

ETA: i continue to be impressed with the Origin... end-opine

Last edited:
i like the v30's...dare i say better.

did you eq the iic+ differently this go-round/

all those amps sound good !

Matching the right pieces parts together is so key. I love the T75s for certain things & certain amps, and the V30 for others. If I had to pick one it'd be the V30 because I think it works better in the band mix more often.

That said I think the Cameron wins in this mix. The C+ is a lot better than the other clip, though.

Without remembering which was which, 2 and 4 were close. Then 1 then 3.

Which is Myth/Cam tied
then C+
then Herm.

Very different outcome, this was in my car. First clip was thru one Airbud (because I only need one, I'm deaf in right ear).

Mesas are made for V30s. If the other clips are all amps with T75s, that’s easily the reason the C+ didn’t compare well. Unless they are the earlier vented versions.
All sounded really good! Killer collection there.

Back