Blazing Triumph “Lay it on the Line” cover

Takes me back.
Thunder 7 was my first Triumph, and one of my fav cassettes when I was 15, along with Dokken BFTA, Tesla Mechanical Resonance to name but a few...
I acquired a few more cassettes by Triumph during my teen years. Still have and listen when working in the garage.

Big fan! Allied Forces was my first concert. Cobo Hall, Detroit Michigan. I believe ‘81.
me too! Triumph/Allied was my first big rock concert. they killed it!

i want to say that before there was an MTV, HBO used to air concert videos between movies and that’s where i discovered Triumph.

and this lady nailed one of my faves from the Wilson sisters! These cover vocalists are kinda ruling👍

• Love
Reactions: Geo
I don't know, they all seemed bored. Especially Hoekstra. The singer is fantastic. I've seen her for years featured as one of Tamplin's top students but I must admit she sometimes overacts the whole performance side.

I don't know, they all seemed bored. Especially Hoekstra. The singer is fantastic. I've seen her for years featured as one of Tamplin's top students but I must admit she sometimes overacts the whole performance side.
i thought that too. mainly in it for the audio!

Sounded great.
Loved Triumph back in the day - caught them live twice, and Rik a few years ago on the acoustic duet he does.
Thanks for sharing that link - brought back some memories

not to derail the thread and I love watching these covers of old songs being done.....but what is up with the dude from mastodon and all his ghey stuff? is he gay? He's participated in quite a few of these collabs and he's flying the flag. More power to him but I'm just curious....not bi-curious or anything....just curious....and I want a Dean Rick Emmet V.....

Loooooove Rik's voice!
Here is a lesser known but killer track -

Side note there is a YT vid with an interview of Rik where he talks about growing up with a transistor radio that he wrote 'magic power' about himself growing up singing along with the radio

not to derail the thread and I love watching these covers of old songs being done.....but what is up with the dude from mastodon and all his ghey stuff? is he gay? He's participated in quite a few of these collabs and he's flying the flag. More power to him but I'm just curious....not bi-curious or anything....just curious....and I want a Dean Rick Emmet V.....
i couldn’t prentend to know what mastodon music sounds like. i checked out on pop rock with nirvana/seattle and always though eddie vedder sounded like cher. but with so many hollywood entertainers and insiders being completely mo i’d wager if he quacks like a duck he’s probably a Q+ ‘er.

Loooooove Rik's voice!
Here is a lesser known but killer track -

Side note there is a YT vid with an interview of Rik where he talks about growing up with a transistor radio that he wrote 'magic power' about himself growing up singing along with the radio

ricky boy sure didn’t care for sleeves in the early days

1687860114111.jpeg

i often wonder who is credited for the evolution of rock waredrobe and stage posturing styles during that era. the jump from beatles suit and tie singing tv friendly tunes to hendrix mohair and admirals jackets singing about lsd trips is vast. branching off into nugent/triumph/zep/vh versus theatrical kiss/cooper/queen/bowie directions versus anti fashion of sabbath/pistols/metallica/nirvana. fascinating.

however, gg allin performing naked and defecating on his audience before beating them up might be a bit of an evolutionary dead end there…🤣

Not gonna lie, I MUCH preferred the live Triumph video.

Then again, I have always had a soft spot for those guys. Rick's monthly article in the back of Guitar magazine is how I first discovered the pentatonic scale and bending notes.

? where is the ghey stuff.

Back