Bogner Ecstasy! NAD

18664224_10154474711916302_4123651096264778055_n.jpg

Well, I went on a hunt to learn some info on an amp I have not owned yet, I've been back to playing Dual Rectifiers the last 4 years and this one has always been in the back of my mind. I hadn't played one since I was very young and even then it was a much older model.

Anyhow, fast forward to Tuesday when I stumbled on this smokin deal!

Took it home, fired it up and damn, what a monster! :rock: :rock: :rock:

Metal panel...coolest looking amp ever IMHO.

IF you like a Fender tone, then on the green channel, do this: MASTER full up, EXCURSION T, assigned PRESENCE off, MIDDLE at 11:00, PRE EQ set to B1, BASS & TREBLE to taste (start around 1:00), GAIN set what you can stand (start around 9:00). Killer Fender Deluxe writ large.

Congrats! The Ecstasy, whatever flavor, has been my favorite amp since I joined the family. Sold the Diezel, sold the Marshalls, sold the Soldanos, sold the oranges, sold them all except the Ecstasys...

Wizard of Ozz":197c0zr2 said:
I always like the metal panel Bogner boxes.

So... how does it sound? Compared to the Recto?

Are you the same Wizard of Ozz from the SSo_Org?

Anyhow, I haven't had a chance to compare, I will on the weekend.

The crazy thing is, I tried it out in the store with the gear they had and it was great but I knew it could be better, I took it home and WOW with my cab, guitars and pedals it blew my mind. Its throaty and thick and cutting and sounds killer with my guitars. I primarily use 7 strings, all of them of the Ibanez RG7620 flavour, And they just work with this amp.

The rectifier is gonezo!

Cheers.

DiezelMonster":2jzpur3h said:
Wizard of Ozz":2jzpur3h said:

The crazy thing is, I tried it out in the store with the gear they had and it was great but I knew it could be better, I took it home and WOW with my cab, guitars and pedals it blew my mind. Its throaty and thick and cutting and sounds killer with my guitars. I primarily use 7 strings, all of them of the Ibanez RG7620 flavour, And they just work with this amp.

The rectifier is gonezo!

Cheers.

Yep. It's me. One and the same. :thumbsup:

They are really versatile and cool sounding amps. Congrats!

Right on. I'll post on SSO as well but it's down at the moment haha.

anyhow, I was totally unsure since I had a lot of people tell me this wouldn't be good for "metal". I don't always play metal but I wanted a different tone than what is typical for what I play as I'm not really into the modern sound that has emerged.

Anyhow, once I start writing and rehearsing with it I'll have a better review but in the hour I had last night I already know its a monster. And that was un-boosted on the amp and with my gear.

I threw on my Green Rhino with my "recto" setting and it was crazy overpowering, I had to dial it way back. The amp also reacts very differently with all my guitars since they are all similar but all have different pickups. With the recto there was less of a difference from each guitar.

So far it's got the aggressive tone but the lead tone is also where I wanted it, very liquid and sustaining.

Stoked.

Wizard of Ozz":2m8mnsuw said:
DiezelMonster":2m8mnsuw said:
Wizard of Ozz":2m8mnsuw said:

The rectifier is gonezo!

Cheers.

Yep. It's me. One and the same. :thumbsup:

They are really versatile and cool sounding amps. Congrats!

Great amp!

The reason it looks so clean is because it's a newer replacement headshell. No comit tolex around in 2001. :thumbsup:

GOHOINC":3luhnpj3 said:
Congrats! The Ecstasy, whatever flavor, has been my favorite amp since I joined the family. Sold the Diezel, sold the Marshalls, sold the Soldanos, sold the oranges, sold them all except the Ecstasys...

Me too.

SLOgriff":3dpi2rkh said:
Great amp!

The reason it looks so clean is because it's a newer replacement headshell. No comit tolex around in 2001. :thumbsup:

thats cool, I figured as much since the metal grill is shiny compared to the way my old Uber grill was more of a flat black. the cool thing however is the chassis as well looks super mint, not a mark or finger print really, its shocking.

Thanks for the heads up.

thegame":5e8ij8rx said:
Congrats Chris ! I like the 101B but I think the 20th Anniversary Ecstasy is even better :D

Gary-

Thanks man, I wanted to try the 20th and compare, I still will as a friend of mine has one but lives farther away.
I couldn't pass this up though since another location had it in stock from a trade in and it's a pretty stellar price.

Cheers.

Back