Boss Katana

ejecta":2dh023uz said:
ijqO0E.gif

I had this same feeling when I placed the order. :LOL: :LOL: Luckily it worked out for me. I really wanted to hate it because I'm a tube snob. :student:

LunatiBSW":vuf3f58t said:
I feel they should
Make a rig talk edition with a tube in it......

A non functional tube with an LED behind it to give the illusion of operation.

I think Boss needs to send us all a Waza head to try out since we are selling a few of the Katana's for them. :yes:

mrcak":3ixqa22t said:
Gotta search YT for this amp w/ a stock Strat or Tele.

Thru the years SS amps have accounted for getting some great tones. Ernie Isley and Frank Marino used Acoustic SS amps as a clean platform for their sounds.

i'd like to hear you demo one man....your fuzz demo killed...

JackBootedThug":lumqatz7 said:
mrcak":lumqatz7 said:

Thru the years SS amps have accounted for getting some great tones. Ernie Isley and Frank Marino used Acoustic SS amps as a clean platform for their sounds.

Well I have not seen mrcak's fuzz demo but I can definitely do a demo when my Katana gets here and use my ASAT (tele style) with it.

JerEvil":3dja7qbg said:
JackBootedThug":3dja7qbg said:
mrcak":3dja7qbg said:

Well I have not seen mrcak's fuzz demo but I can definitely do a demo when my Katana gets here and use my ASAT (tele style) with it.

carl's got the hendrix/trower thing down cold....he's an old fucker... :LOL: :LOL:

Got mine today also! I didn't have much time with it, but I will say first I used my GFlex 212 cab. Was not liking the sound at all. Did not sound near as good as the combo as I played at the store. Bass was all woofy, and the treble had this fizzy kazoo thing going on. It was aggravating me, lol. I moved it over to my old Avatar cab with V12's in it, and it sounded MUCH better. Tighter, clearer, etc.... like I remember the combo sounding. I briefly tried my Green Rhino in front also, and it sounded and felt great with it. I will have to mess with the editor tomorrow. Nice, solid little amp. Doesn't feel cheap at all. It is a solid little block, lol.

Sadly, this makes me wonder if this is why I have issues with my Axe-FX II / Matrix rig, because I always use it with the GFlex cab. I am gonna have to try it with my other cab also and see how it changes the sound.

Here are some mic'd clips a bud of mine did:

demo is 5 parts which are the main tones he uses:
1-Pushed clean
2- same with tremolo
3-modern clean with chorus
4- crunch ( actually the lead channel - various levels using the guitar volume knob)
5-lead (lead channel with boost and delay)

https://app.box.com/s/7v3o6qoassvwb361zm4q14na0velqcm1

Then some pick dynamics showing how the gain can be scaled back or opened up depending on pick attack

https://app.box.com/s/r1yk0473o6xxp2op16pyr97542dq4rpr

Gsxrbusa":1ehwkhln said:
ejecta":1ehwkhln said:

I had this same feeling when I placed the order. :LOL: :LOL: Luckily it worked out for me. I really wanted to hate it because I'm a tube snob. :student:

Yeah I'm just poking fun for people to laugh. I'll probably pick one up at some point to have around. Could be useful for some gigs or recording.... definitely good amp to have for when buds come over to jam.

Bean

02/22/17 :rock:
5501 US HWY 30 W 2585031
Fort Wayne, IN 46818
(800) 222-4700
Sweetwater.com
Delivery Method FedEx Ground (Home)
Qty. Item Description Retail Price Your Price Total
1 KataHeadd Boss 100W COSM Amp Head with FX (SN:21Z1H17).......OH YEAH!!!

I mean really what I think is the coolest?
It's so fun to play! The time flew by! Took like 30 sec to get a great tone! This is what it should be! Not endless tweaking, flipping, modifying, changing your shit cause a board says yay or nay!

I for one am the happiest I have been in forever when I play guitar with the Katana!
Great job Boss and everyone come join!

Jeff Hilligan":3ho0qqrn said:
I mean really what I think is the coolest?
It's so fun to play! The time flew by! Took like 30 sec to get a great tone! This is what it should be! Not endless tweaking, flipping, modifying, changing your shit cause a board says yay or nay!

I for one am the happiest I have been in forever when I play guitar with the Katana!
Great job Boss and everyone come join!

Swung by Seeetwater and got one for $329.

I AM a tube snob.

This thing KILLS for what it is and what it sells for.

THE FUTURE IS NOW. i wish this was my first amp at 16, I spent FAR more for WAY worse.

The crispness CAN be dialed out, all controls work as you are used to.

Zero complaints, even truly impressed with the onboard speaker, (makes me want to hack the amp a bit for an upgrade.)

The feature set is COMPLETE. Every other amp should take notice tubes or otherwise.

I think Ill be keeping mine as a bedroom praxtice amp that can do ANYTHING in a pinch.

It stands tall against my $6K rig no problem.

Jeez man at $350 they probably get these made st about $100, how far we have come.

Ive been A/B ing with tube buffer upfront. Feel is good alone but perfect with tube buffer up front.

Back