Cameron CCV for sale in Canada

Did it sell? That price seems a bit much. I have both an Atomica (#20) and the only Cameron 20 watt Prototype that exists that I might throw up on the block and wouldnt think of asking close to that.

Did it sell? That price seems a bit much. I have both an Atomica (#20) and the only Cameron 20 watt Prototype that exists that I might throw up on the block and wouldnt think of asking close to that.
All covered above. It sold in a week but not for asking price but apparently close enough that it wasn't "a bit much". And that price was Canadian. Less in US $

Good to see you held onto yours. I was thousands of miles away from my amps for 3 years, then 2020 hit my business and me pretty hard, where I'd ended up selling a ton of gear incl. my ESP Kamikaze prototype. I'm glad I was able to at least hold onto my Cameron amps + Marshall modded Cameron something... I don't remember the names of these anymore lol.

My CCV pre-production is apparently #2, has the name Kurt Newman on the board in permanent marker

RPOq4TP.jpeg

That's my old amp. Glad to see where it went I was wondering who had it. Let me know if you ever want to sell it.

Good to see you held onto yours. I was thousands of miles away from my amps for 3 years, then 2020 hit my business and me pretty hard, where I'd ended up selling a ton of gear incl. my ESP Kamikaze prototype. I'm glad I was able to at least hold onto my Cameron amps + Marshall modded Cameron something... I don't remember the names of these anymore lol.

My CCV pre-production is apparently #2, has the name Kurt Newman on the board in permanent marker

RPOq4TP.jpeg
Nice dude!

Yeah, mine is marked "Proto 1A" in Mark's writing. I am unclear if there is also a "Proto 1B" or anything. Would be interesting to know the timeline and what (if anything) changed. For instance...mine has a 12AX7 slot that is apparently just there...no tube in it, amp still works/sounds fine. It's hard to tell if it's wired to anything, and putting a tube in that slot didn't change anything.

LOL!! nah...I'm good! As I've always said and this is just my humble opinion, Cameron modded Marshalls sound and feel so much better than the CCV's. Not all of them but there are some magic amps out there in the wild.. :)

Im not sure. I mean, granted, I am a focus group of one dude with one CCV and one Cameron modded Marshall. And while its awesome, the CCV is other-worldly.

Im not sure. I mean, granted, I am a focus group of one dude with one CCV and one Cameron modded Marshall. And while its awesome, the CCV is other-worldly.

I think what some guys like better with his mods is that the mods are using standard marshall voltages and the ccv uses higher voltages and a little more filtering so its Def faster and a touch stiffer. Alot of guys like the softer bouncier feel of the marshall voltages and filtering.... I like both. Depends what I'm playing and what I'm tuned to.

If you want tight and fast , ccv all day. If you want a little more round and a little more compression then his mods for sure. Also remember ccv is using mercury transformers which are def more open sounding in the top and bottom end, more bandwidth extension then dagnalls or drakes.

Also remember the ccv has a low and hi setting so you can knock it down to stock marshall type voltages if you prefer that feel and attack

Last edited:
Back