Charvel San Dimas/So Cal vs. RG550/Jem

rockinchippy":ez6doswp said:
Not cool to knowingly misrepresent his screename which he uses across the internet.

:LOL: :LOL: Yeah, especially when Reza posts his screen name to tons of feet fetish sites :doh: :doh:

Reza you dirty boy you.. :LOL: :LOL:

stompboxfreak72":352l0yzt said:
rockinchippy":352l0yzt said:
Not cool to knowingly misrepresent his screename which he uses across the internet.

Don't you have T shirts to sell to promote your collection of gear ?

User names are now trademarks and brands ? It's only a matter of time before everyone on Rigtalk will need a lawyer....

The best T-shirts Ever!!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Using the Def Leppard style font is a misrepresentation and probably a trademark infringement.

Attachments

• tb_rockin20chippycolor_1472588272_1083_6998_516_midnight_navy.png
    tb_rockin20chippycolor_1472588272_1083_6998_516_midnight_navy.png
    400.5 KB · Views: 4,046
Rezamatix":2cs066l7 said:
Wizard of Ozz":2cs066l7 said:
If you are comparing the current MIM Charvels to the MIJ Ibby Prestieges... I'd go Charvel. The Ibbys new Super Wizard (Gandalf) necks are way too thin and tire/cramp out my hand and playing for awhile... and the fret work is better and more consistent (more level and better ends) on the MIM Charvels. Also the necks, while still thin, won't cramp your hand after 30 minutes. But overall they are very comparable.

So you think the MIMs are favorably comparable to the MIJs? I had an egg shell blue one very briefly and thought it was great.

I also have a blue MIJ SoCal I think it is a great guitar for the money. I heard good things and not so good things about the MIM Charvels.

metalmaniac93":7u3fxvxz said:
Rezamatix":7u3fxvxz said:
Wizard of Ozz":7u3fxvxz said:
If you are comparing the current MIM Charvels to the MIJ Ibby Prestieges... I'd go Charvel. The Ibbys new Super Wizard (Gandalf) necks are way too thin and tire/cramp out my hand and playing for awhile... and the fret work is better and more consistent (more level and better ends) on the MIM Charvels. Also the necks, while still thin, won't cramp your hand after 30 minutes. But overall they are very comparable.

So you think the MIMs are favorably comparable to the MIJs? I had an egg shell blue one very briefly and thought it was great.

I also have a blue MIJ SoCal I think it is a great guitar for the money. I heard good things and not so good things about the MIM Charvels.

I have a candy blue, MIJ, San Dimas. Killer guitar! Got it brand new for 850 bucks.

Even my tech who is the local Tom Anderson dealer and a card carrying TAG fanboi tells me every time that Charvel hit it out of the park with the MIJ Pro-Mods.

Yeah, I appreciate all the help guys - I virtually sure I'm going with a Charvel of some sort. Would be great to find another robin blue San Dimas, but those appear pretty rare. Thanks again.

RockinChippi":32nrlqyf said:
rockinchippy":32nrlqyf said:

Maybe you can start buying up username rights across the forums while you're at it.

CharvelDan doing the only thing he knows how to do - be a waste of space & behave like a cunt. You should have been aborted

I could never get along with the Ibanez necks. I think the Charvels are just about perfect. I have custom shops and a MIJ so-cal. For the money, I think the Charvels are hard to beat. You would really have to play them both and see how the necks feel to you. Good luck

NaturalBornBoy":2v6hpwp0 said:
mooncobra":2v6hpwp0 said:
Zoso1973":2v6hpwp0 said:
The MIJ Prestige Ibby's are real quality guitars. The J-Custom Ibby's are on a totally different level, quality wise and of course, price wise.

IMHO, you will never go wrong with a MIJ Ibby it fits your needs in the first place.

ill never be good enough for a J Custom, but they sure look nice. :rock: :rock:

To be fair, some J-Customs are gaudy as fuck all!

I prefer the simpler, more understated looking J-Customs. Like my MRG13.

lets see pics of yours. I sold mine a while back. I had one without the tree of life inlay. I don't like that inlay at all. lets see the mrg13, should be amazing!

IMG_0597_zps464cfa22.jpg

It's a shitty picture but hey, at least you can see it :LOL: :LOL:

Korina body, really dark rosewood board, 1 of 6 made for the Kurosawa Gakki chain of stores in Japan.

that's awesome. I miss my j custom. I bet that plays effortlessly!

mooncobra":3aq715ip said:
NaturalBornBoy":3aq715ip said:
mooncobra":3aq715ip said:
Zoso1973":3aq715ip said:
The MIJ Prestige Ibby's are real quality guitars. The J-Custom Ibby's are on a totally different level, quality wise and of course, price wise.

IMHO, you will never go wrong with a MIJ Ibby it fits your needs in the first place.

ill never be good enough for a J Custom, but they sure look nice. :rock: :rock:

To be fair, some J-Customs are gaudy as fuck all!

I prefer the simpler, more understated looking J-Customs. Like my MRG13.

lets see pics of yours. I sold mine a while back. I had one without the tree of life inlay. I don't like that inlay at all. lets see the mrg13, should be amazing!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_16f4_zpsjrohrpke.jpg

Korina body, really dark rosewood board, 1 of 6 made for the Kurosawa Gakki chain of stores in Japan.

that's awesome. I miss my j custom. I bet that plays effortlessly!

Thanks. Yeah I've never owned a J-Custom that didn't play effortlessly. Stupid easy to play.

NaturalBornBoy":kijpqpp9 said:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_16f4_zpsjrohrpke.jpg

DUDE! That is so sweet!!!

Back