Cheap @$$ amps that rip?

MadAsAHatter

Was window shopping amps and this though popped into my head...

What are some cheap amps; (lets say $1K and under, new or used) that sound so good if you pulled all the identifying labels/branding off and told people you payed several thousand for it they'd believe you?

Yamaha t100/t100c
Rivera m60/m100

And here lately, the Randall 667. No one wants them so you can find them for half the price of a 5150 IIIS 100W

Peavey Bravo
Sounds like a mini jcm800

You can find them for less than 300 bucks because people don't realize they have 2 power tubes and 3 pre amp tubes. Looking at back of amp, you can't see them because they are horizontally installed. Back of amp looks like a transister or solid state amp.

XXX Peavey 2x12 loud and angry as fuuuK
Roland JC120. No typical amp but cleanest sounds I’ve heard. Idk maybe I’m living in the past

Peavey Bravo
Sounds like a mini jcm800

You can find them for less than 300 bucks because people don't realize they have 2 power tubes and 3 pre amp tubes. Looking at back of amp, you can't see them because they are horizontally installed. Back of amp looks like a transister or solid state amp.

One of my best friends had a crackhead neighbor in baton rouge and they had a Bravo literally just sitting outside of his house deteriorating. I should have just taken it

I don't think any would be mistaken for
Multi-thousand dollar amps, but great bang for buck:

Mesa .50 Caliber +
Marshall SC20
DSL50
Orange TH30 or Dual Terror
Peavey classic 30 or 50

LOL

$15.00 on reverb , sounds like a 68 SLP .

gdko3bxdagik4tezpevo.jpg

And that’s the problem, no one paid any attention and they went no where. I need to make some real clips of mine, don’t think I ever recorded with it

I remember seeing some metalcore bands come through back in the day that were using these. Sounded killer to me

Back