cheap way to build a 1x12....

I saw that video a while back. Not a bad idea. It saves you money vs. buying a kit or pre made cab. But if your building one anyway I don't think it saves money and looks like it's more work to fix it up right. Then you're limited to the bee box's dimensions. I'd rather buy a sheet of plywood and make it to size and specs I want. And that would give me enough material for everything to make a 212 and 112. If you're just making a 112 one of those project 1/4 sheets of plywood is enough material.

Or you could do like this guy did and build one from an IKEA dresser he salvaged from the garbage.

if I build a cab it's going to be a big one. trust me-I'm not fucking around. I'm obsessed with 15's if that tells you anything...lol...

I actually had plans for my own ported cab I designed. I was going to call it the......BADONKADONK!!! I was going to start with a 2x12" and 1x15" for the proto. Then I got sick and wound up getting rid of everything. Still might do it for the hell of it. Imagine an old Hiwatt molested a port city OS and you get the idea. 36"x36"..all 3/4" including the baffle. sealed and ported.

Last edited:
I was thinking to myself, "Who the hell needs a 4x15, that can't really be a thing?". So, I did a quick search, and I realized I do. After seeing this, I decided I need a 4x15.

Holy shit that thing sounds awesome. I think I need one of these too.
I'm getting ready to replace the speakers in a 412. This has me now thinking about swapping out the baffle and converting it to an oversized 2x15.
One of the comments was great though.... "4X15s. The cabinets roadies were made for."

I know on the randall warhead stacks they had a built in crossover sending certain lows to the 2x15 cab. Not really sure how they had that set up or actually why they would do that...unless it was just drowning out the 4x12...which is entirely possible.

A long time ago, I got invited to SLM (Crate and Ampeg) to try out a 2x15 guitar cab that they were testing for downtuned metal because I was one of the only 7 string players around at the time they could find in the area. It sounded fucking MASSIVE with a 4x12. When I was getting ready to leave, they gave me the cab. I had it for a few years, and ended up giving it to a friend.

A long time ago, I got invited to SLM (Crate and Ampeg) to try out a 2x15 guitar cab that they were testing for downtuned metal because I was one of the only 7 string players around at the time they could find in the area. It sounded fucking MASSIVE with a 4x12. When I was getting ready to leave, they gave me the cab. I had it for a few years, and ended up giving it to a friend.

I wonder if you got to test out a prototype that became the BV215 cab they made to go with the blue voodoo amps.

1656704845605.png

I know on the randall warhead stacks they had a built in crossover sending certain lows to the 2x15 cab. Not really sure how they had that set up or actually why they would do that...unless it was just drowning out the 4x12...which is entirely possible.
I have 3 of these cabs. It's not a crossover,but a low pass filter. And they don't drown out the 4x12s at all,they just add "OOOMPH". And the ones without the high pass filter sound pretty good by themselves.

I have 3 of these cabs. It's not a crossover,but a low pass filter. And they don't drown out the 4x12s at all,they just add "OOOMPH". And the ones without the high pass filter sound pretty good by themselves.
I was actually going to text you and ask you about that bro! Thanks for the info!!

BigMartin actually has the ISP versions I believe....He likes his tonez like he likes his womenz...with a big, hairy, wet bottom....lol...

Back