Clean Maple neck of my Charvel pro mod??

Matte23

What you use to clean the maple neck and fretboard of your charvel? I've seen in internet the musicman wax gun stock is good?? or iT should be used only with a kind of neck finish??
Thanks for the suggestions
Bye Matte23

Charvel Custom Shop is using Beechwood Casey gunstock oil/wax. Go over it with 0000 steel wool, polish with a leather strap.

You can use lemon oil but make sure its the real stuff...90% of what you can buy is just lemon scented mineral oil. Make sure to clean it off well and then treat with a true conditioning oil. The best stuff that I've found is Fret Doctor...it work MUCH better than anything else commercially available as a consitioner. Avoid anything with petrolium distillates (Gigson, LaRoche, Dunlop oils come to mind)...they actually destroy the woods natural oils.

Matte23 said:
What you use to clean the maple neck and fretboard of your charvel? I've seen in internet the musicman wax gun stock is good?? or iT should be used only with a kind of neck finish??
Thanks for the suggestions

Stop being a cleanfreak and just play the freaking thing

But the Beechwood Casey gunstock is a type of finish or is a cleaner/treatment for the life of the neck??
Thanks
MAtte23

Rubbing alchohol and used dryer sheets. The alcohol will raise the gunk...and the used dryer sheets are soft enough to not damage your board/seal and absorb the gunk. That's from jemsite where a lot of Ibbies have maple boards.

Mustaine-who?":5usaekhq said:
Rubbing alchohol and used dryer sheets. The alcohol will raise the gunk...and the used dryer sheets are soft enough to not damage your board/seal and absorb the gunk. That's from jemsite where a lot of Ibbies have maple boards.

Interesting. I just use an old t-shirt and rub off any built up grime. I don't bother with the discoloration.

Rubbing alcohol is very good for that and will not hard the clear finish on maple necks.

However, Charvel uses Watco oil on their necks, so you can scrape with a razor blade and re oil the neck if you like.

Back