Custom Guitars you have sold and kept?

  • Thread starter Thread starter veji
  • Start date Start date
veji

veji

Active member
man i miss my custom guitars.. now i only have that custom strat Anderson

TA_Strat.jpeg
Purple_A.png
Purple_B.png
Screenshot_20190214-223357_Facebook.jpg
Suhr_KOA 2.jpg
Suhr_KOA.jpg
TA_KOA_2.jpg
TA_KOA_3.jpg
TA_KOA.jpg
TA_Strat 2.jpeg
 
Sorry you miss your customer guitars.

You sold them because you wanted to try out other custom guitars?

I’ve got 2 Tom Anderson guitars and 1 Suhr in my collection.

I have yet to sella any guitars I regret getting rid of.
 
Sorry you miss your customer guitars.

You sold them because you wanted to try out other custom guitars?

I’ve got 2 Tom Anderson guitars and 1 Suhr in my collection.

I have yet to sella any guitars I regret getting rid of.
I still have Anderson TA Strat but yea the rest are gone. I had the purple one for 15 years, the koa for 10 years and the Anderson Koa for about 7 years.. the strat i have for 5 years so far. HOw long have you had yours?
 
I bought my Tom A Cajun Red Hollow Drop Top Classic HSS new in ‘99

I found my’ 03 Tom A Tiger Eye Hollow T Drop Top HSS in a pawnshop in ‘18

I found my ‘15 Suhr Sherwood Metallic Green Classic Pro HSS in a pawnshop in ‘19

IMG_5364.jpeg
IMG_5365.jpeg
IMG_5366.jpeg
 
Just a question though: Are these all custom shop guitars, or production guitars from boutique manufacturers? Seems like the latter to me, but I could be wrong if they were speced out by the owners. In which case, apologies in advance.
 
If you’re talking about to me, both my Andersons were custom ordered.

I’m not sure if my Suhr is a production offering or custom order.

I say this because the metallic paint job is not a production offering .
 
Jarrett guitars. The left one is a production run, but the other two are custom. The right Forza is the prototype, and the Ibiza is a custom order only.
I didn't order them though. I buy shot used.
20260107_190753.jpg
 
all my guitars were custom specc'd by me hence why there are no tone knob.. i don't need it.
vol knob = tone knob

and the 5 way switch is a custom 5 way
* Full bridge in series
* Bridge in parallell
* Bridge and neck in parallel (Inner coils)
* Neck in Parallel
* Full neck in series

every custom order was a 7-9 months waiting period
 
If you’re talking about to me, both my Andersons were custom ordered.

I’m not sure if my Suhr is a production offering or custom order.

I say this because the metallic paint job is not a production offering .

Not singling out anyone. Just wondering whether custom orders of production guitars with changes to spec make it a custom shop guitar. Because pretty much everything - including in-stock instruments with Tom Anderson or Suhr - are also custom ordered in a way.

For example, what does it mean if you buy it used? No longer a custom shop axe?
 
I know for my 2 Anderson’s weren’t pre ordered “dealer spec” guitars.

I guess if you’re saying that my guitars are “menu” guitars, because you pick certain options you want to have in your guitar, then
maybe they’re both not “true “ custom made guitars.

My Suhr may have been a “dealer spec” guitar, but I’m not Suhr. Haha!
 
to clarify ... all my suhrs and andersons were custom ordered by me to my specs. I go to the store, choose my specs, paid deposit, wait 8-9 months, the store informed me the guitar is ready and i paid the remaining balance, received my guitar.. so the guitar went from Suhr/Anderson factory to me. i spent time with them.. if i could i would have kept them all but unfortunately things happen and these guitars usually have pretty good resell value.
 
Cool, thanks for the explanation.

I have three guitars that could have been custom, but I was the second owner. In that sense, I always think of them as production guitars even though they were speced out.

Here they are:

ESP RZK-II.jpeg
20250624_114553.jpg
IMG_20260708_141457.jpg



Also used to have a Sweden custom shop Strandberg, but I sold it because it was an eight-stringer.
 
These were so custom nobody else would want them. Some had to be shipped of for finishing before heading back for assembly. I was a nightmare for Elliott at Dean HQ. The cracked mirror was done by KAMN, the same guy who did the original Paul Stanley Iceman. The Rust was done by Dan Lawrence. Just be glad I didn't post the guitars I had covered in autopsy photos...
IMG_7730(1).jpg

20230307_105736.jpg

20230307_105336.jpg
20230307_105321.jpg
20230307_105649.jpg

20230307_105400.jpg
 
Last edited:

Similar threads

H
Replies
7
Views
395
BABMusic
BABMusic
Music&Chaos
Replies
13
Views
775
Kubs
Inflames
Replies
35
Views
2K
Simon Dorn
Simon Dorn
mermer
Replies
42
Views
2K
Uzi Nein Millimetah
Uzi Nein Millimetah
Back
Top