David Lee Roth is Retiring After His Last 5 Upcoming Shows in Las Vegas

Turns out that the Ticketmaster Verified Re-Sale tickets are basically already sold tickets that the sellers are re-selling/scalping through Ticketmaster in a legit way. Ticketmaster will transfer them into the new buyer's name and create a new barcode for the new buyer. And Stubhub has tickets but they are pricey as well just in case someone is still looking to score tickets for one of the shows.

Last edited:
My gf and I got tickets to the final show on 1/8 during presale for GA floor at $63 each ($180 with fees). We'll fly in from Cleveland for this and will enjoy every damn minute of it. DLR was my first concert ever on the Skyscraper tour, and I love that I will get to see his last show ever.

I'm not surprised the resale values on these are going through the roof. When we were getting our tickets, we were seeing available seats disappear disappear before our eyes. Glad we got ours when we did.

Just checked Ticketscheister. $3866 per ticket plus fees for balcony. And you can finance them! WTF? I'm living in bizarro world. Glad I saw them for mere face value long ago. Hell, I ran into an old co-worker on the DC Metro long ago who had some comp'ed box seats for the Dave and Sammy tour around 2002. He knew I was a huge fan and he wasn't. He gave them to me for free.

The resale market is insane. I won't sell our tickets for the world. This is an once in a lifetime experience, and it's priceless.

How is this once in a liftetime? Have you never seen Dave with one of his bands before? Did you not see him with VH in, oh, about 800-1000 shows? Newsflash - after Dave calls it quits, the guys he plays with will still be doing lots of nearly free bar gigs for years or decades to come. And there are lots of DLR-era VH tribute bands who will totally nail it more than this version. Again, I love DLR and all eras of VH. But these ticket prices are just laughable.

Roth.jpg

How is this once in a liftetime? Have you never seen Dave with one of his bands before? Did you not see him with VH in, oh, about 800-1000 shows? Newsflash - after Dave calls it quits, the guys he plays with will still be doing lots of nearly free bar gigs for years or decades to come. And there are lots of DLR-era VH tribute bands who will totally nail it more than this version. Again, I love DLR and all eras of VH. But these ticket prices are just laughable.
Dave was my first concert ever back when Vai was playing for him, so yes. If I've learned anything as I've started to see my rock heroes age it's that death is a motherfucker and see them while you can. The ticket prices are stupid. I got mine for the stated price (and stupid ticketmaster fees). Would I pay three grand to see Dave's last show? No. Will I relish the fact that a pile of dickheads gets taken to the cleaners to do the same? Totally. Just makes it sweeter.

When VH was doing the 2012 tour, the ticket prices were insane. But great seats were available for face value a day or two before the show, when they would release all the holds. I worked from home, had two laptops open and kept refreshing for hours. Eventually I got two seats in the 7th row, floor, in front of Ed's mic for face value. I've done this many times and it really used to work. Dunno how it is now.

He’s had an awesome run, and the list of musicians he’s played with is amazing.
This.

DLR has always sucked live (as far as singing), but ruled on recordings for more than a decade and turned that into a crazy career.

The guy was (ouch) an incredible talent for turning chaos into a product.

I'm buying.

Back