David Lee Roth is Retiring After His Last 5 Upcoming Shows in Las Vegas

This.

DLR has always sucked live (as far as singing), but ruled on recordings for more than a decade and turned that into a crazy career.

The guy was (ouch) an incredible talent for turning chaos into a product.

I'm buying.
I have heard Dave sound great live. First time I saw him was on the 1978 tour. Thankfully I got great tickets on pre-sale at a very reasonable price. I just looked right now and Ticketmaster is doing their verified resale scalping thing for balcony seats for as high as $4,197.00 ea + Fees. I paid ten times less for some great seats on pre-sale. StubHub prices are insane too. Can't wait for the show.

I have heard Dave sound great live. First time I saw him was on the 1978 tour. Thankfully I got great tickets on pre-sale at a very reasonable price. I just looked right now and Ticketmaster is doing their verified resale scalping thing for balcony seats for as high as $4,197.00 ea + Fees. I paid ten times less for some great seats on pre-sale. StubHub prices are insane too. Can't wait for the show.
I saw them in 78 for like $6, and no presale tickets. The only presale tickets I ever had to buy in the 70`s was Zeppelin and you still had to purchase at the arena/ in person/ that they were playing at.

David Lee Roth just added four more show at the House of Blues in Las Vegas in January. Pre-sale on now and the general sale starts tomorrow Friday 12/10.

Reactions: Geo
What an absolutely amazing ride to witness. VH was such a great band and I never get tired of DLR just joking and story telling. DLR was super patient all this years since VH last show at Hollywood Bowl and unfortunately nothing else materialized. Good speed Dave and Thank you. You’ll never be forgotten by anyone who witnessed your show!

I have had a love/dislike for Dave over the years. I think like most rock stars, fame got to him a bit and he got overly cocky at times. With that said, I'm glad VH got back together and were able to have that friendship rekindled, do an album, etc

I just heard the first 2 shows were canceled. Sucks for those that had tickets for tonight or tomorrow.
I will be pissed if he cancels the show I have tickets for next Friday 1/7. I read the cancellations were due to concerns over Covid. F**K COVID and and I am so freaking tired of hearing about Covid and people wetting their pants over it. Life goes on and it is not going away. Get over it already. And yes, I did have a relative with underlying conditions pass away from it. He would have said the same thing. And I had it myself in December 2019. Please don't be a pussy Dave. Please do not go hide in a basement with Biden.

Last edited:
I will be pissed if he cancels the show I have tickets for next Friday 1/7. I read the cancellations were due to concerns over Covid. F**K COVID and and I am so freaking tired of hearing about Covid and people wetting their pants over it. Life goes on and it is not going away. Get over it already. And yes, I did have a relative with underlying conditions pass away from it. He would have said the same thing. And I had it myself in December 2019. Please don't be a pussy Dave. Please do not go hide in a basement with Biden.
I think it is hard because the performer, supporting band, roadies, etc all have to feel the same. Venue as well. Just makes it really difficult to know what to do.

I've missed KISS three times at the same venue because of COV-19. At this point, not sure I'll get to see the show.

I have had a love/dislike for Dave over the years. I think like most rock stars, fame got to him a bit and he got overly cocky at times. With that said, I'm glad VH got back together and were able to have that friendship rekindled, do an album, etc

Sorry man, but I doubt those guys were all in the same room together while recording or for one second after the show was over.

I will be pissed if he cancels the show I have tickets for next Friday 1/7. I read the cancellations were due to concerns over Covid. F**K COVID and and I am so freaking tired of hearing about Covid and people wetting their pants over it. Life goes on and it is not going away.
Not trying to get the thread off track but....This x Infinity. Masks, vaccines, lock downs blah blah blah.. Its here to stay and Sick of the whole thing...

DLR’s vocals have been gone for a while now but IMO he is always a fun act, you never know what will come out of his mouth and he is so creative with his responses. Either way, it has been a heck of a ride for DLR, in the day he was man and everyone has their last day. Hopefully those shows go off with the fan fair he deserves.

Back