Detroit delay and thoughts

gtr31

I have to say with the recent introduction of the Mesa MKv 25 and how they are selling like crazy at $1299 I think you guys or the "Higher ups" made a crucial mistake here . It was the right time for this product

Your Detroit series with the stage/studio ,headphone out ,verb, Cab sims ,2nd master for leads would have been a welcome addition and a huge seller . The fact that it was initially was announced as a return to made in USA was also another huge plus. the amp sounds great ,Looked amazing ,and was full featured even if the price had to go from $800 on the 40 to $1049 to keep it built in CA I think it would have been on a lot of people Christmas lists.

I will never understand why when there is so much hype around a product a company would chose to release the MK2 rebel in that same cosmetic After Bruce himself said one of the 2 most important things people ask is will it come in black .what are these higher ups thinking ???.

Bruce ,I think your custom shop is a great idea ,in fact i would be tempted to sell Egnater international and launch another custom shop line where you have control of what gets made and you have quality control and customer service .

I feel bad as I have owned a few of your amps they have been great ,it is extremely dissappointing to see such a gifted designer held at the mercy of these higher ups and having to sit by and let your good name get tarnished

It seems you have come up with a good point. I hope Bruce isn't as caged as you believe him to be. That's what often comes with large scale sales and dealings with large amounts of money.

Bruce, you should absolutely engage yourself in something that you want to be doing Such as the custom design. If you so please, of course.

I agree. I have played the TOL and have owned the Seminar head which I built with your help and the Mod 50. All of those amps were pretty great, the Chinese made amps not so much. Would love to see the Custom Shop open again, as well as that Detroit Series. The SW 45 seems cool but not exactly what I need.

Back