Diezel User Gallery

Ventura":2tbkda04 said:
:gethim: Yo Inca...for such a FZ fan, ya'd think ya'd have a little avatar of Frank in amongst the metalheads and bouncy jugs in your signature, no??

Just FYI...I am an incredbile fan of Zappa. Not only was he genius in everything musical, his bandmates were never less than stellar themselves. Bozio, Belew, Cuccurullo, Vai, Ike...amazing. Have you caught any of the "Zappa Plays Zappa" shows?? Dweezil is not just doing it to ride his Dad's coat tails, that cat can f*ckin PLAY!!!!

Just my 2 cents.

V.

My screen name and Avatar says it all Man ;)
Nice to meet another person that recognizes Frank's Genius. :yes:
Not only his his song writing genius, arrangements, sense of time
& melody, guitar playing etc.... but his ability to pick the Cream of
the Crop Musicians to play his music. I love the Musicians you've mentioned
plus Mike Keneally, Vinnie Colaiuta, Napoleon Murphy Brock, Ray White,
Bobby Martin, Scott Thunes, Chad Wackerman etc....The list is endless!
I was privileged enough to see Frank 3 Times live before he passed on,
84' twice in 88' some of the best musical memories of my life.

I've seen every ZPZ show that has come to the Boston area,
since they started the tours....I love 'Em!
Dweezil is doing his Father justice, he improved his chops
1000% for the project & it clearly shows, he's Fantastic &
so is his band. :rock:
My 2 Cents

my updated family pic
fami9ly.jpg

uwgestein":2ptrg6za said:
That´s true :confused: but they can also be very busy. ;)

OR:

Person 1 who I was mainly in contact with gets made redundant by company and then company/person 2 claims they didn't have my contact details even though I've phoned the shop about 3 times this week...

Rant over and I will FINALLY have it at a discounted price for the wait next week :rock: it's waiting...
instrumentsg.jpg

Haha sam I play my herbert like that too. I took off the front and back plates for super simple tube access, especially the pres.

kayman121":2ewb6ycy said:
Haha sam I play my herbert like that too. I took off the front and back plates for super simple tube access, especially the pres.

I don´t think this is the normal way sam plays his herbert. He wanted to pimp his amp by revarnishing the front- and back plate. It should be green

btw sam.

We are all waiting for the pics! :gethim:

Just kidding!

uwgestein":90g41s99 said:
kayman121":90g41s99 said:

I don´t think this is the normal way sam plays his herbert. He wanted do pimp his amp by revarnishing the front- and back plate. It should be green

btw sam.

We are all waiting for the pics! :gethim:

Just kidding!

oh wow I'd like to see that.

My friend uwgestein is indeed correct, though kayman, that is indeed a benefit of having it as you say. I like the grill on though, looks cool :thumbsup:

I SHOULD get the phone call any time/day soon, even though I've been saying that for about a month :gethim:

Sam Laming":y940nfeh said:
My friend uwgestein is indeed correct, though kayman, that is indeed a benefit of having it as you say. I like the grill on though, looks cool :thumbsup:

I SHOULD get the phone call any time/day soon, even though I've been saying that for about a month :gethim:

I have some NOS RFTs coming in soon. Once I get those in and decide on what pres to use in the remaining slots, I will probably put the grills back on till I need to retube in another year or so :)

It'll be a pain to put it back on, as I'll have to remove the chassis from the headshell :doh:

Sam Laming":4iac6z15 said:
uwgestein":4iac6z15 said:
That´s true :confused: but they can also be very busy. ;)

OR:

Person 1 who I was mainly in contact with gets made redundant by company and then company/person 2 claims they didn't have my contact details even though I've phoned the shop about 3 times this week...

Rant over and I will FINALLY have it at a discounted price for the wait next week :rock: it's waiting...
instrumentsg.jpg

got to love the quake 2 logo

Sam Laming":23g4jgpi said:
It takes 5 mins man, it's no prob.

What are NOS RFTs though? Tubes?

Preamp tubes. Much easier access from the front, so I'll be able to move stuff around and see what order I prefer best freely. Afterward, I will put the grill back on :)

Well apparently Wednesday is the day now. Worse customer service ever (I am not talking about Diezel to those who haven't followed the previous).

Not used to such crap customer service when I've had the pleasure of dealing with guys like Diezel and Conklin :doh:

Well here is the finish I was told it'd be:
lime.jpg

and here it is:
7331_135643487122_506112122_2655570_1298047_n.jpg

Different colour ey? I'm a bit dissapointed to be honest and am going to be in contact with the guy again soon as I find an email address/phone him tomorrow otherwise.

It looks ok, but it could've looked excellent and that's what I wanted with the initial finish. Can't find an email address so phone call time soon if they're open yet. Looks like my little story continues still :scared:

Back