Diezel VH4 ch4

Shiny_Surface

So I tried a quick Lynch riff that is traditionally a modded Marshall sound through the VH4's channel 4.

The VH4 voicing/response is pretty unique (imo) so I wasn't sure how it would turn out...especially on channel 4. :)

Well done !
VH4 ch4 is where I spend most of the time recently.

I know it's meant to be a lead channel for liquidish solo, but with an EQ pedal in the ch4 insert, I manage to get a tight rythm sound...
The only thing I would like to get rid of, is the hiss noise due to the ultra high gain caracter of this channel.

Do you have also a slightly noisy ch4 on your VH4 ?

Cheers,

Fax.

Thanks! :)

Channel 4 is pretty quiet actually at low volumes, but at band volume there is some hiss of course.

An EQ pedal in channel 4's insert loop would definitely add some noise I would imagine. :)

EQ pedal in the CH4 insert loop is for midcut simulation for crushing tones but adds hiss at master volume past 09:00.
At home practice level I have no complain.

I am thinking of getting ISP Decimator just for this channel, 'cause the other channels are dead quiet

Do you use any noise gate with your VH4 ?

Cheers.

Faxanadu":1nlcu5ng said:
Well done !
VH4 ch4 is where I spend most of the time recently.

I know it's meant to be a lead channel for liquidish solo, but with an EQ pedal in the ch4 insert, I manage to get a tight rythm sound...
The only thing I would like to get rid of, is the hiss noise due to the ultra high gain caracter of this channel.

Do you have also a slightly noisy ch4 on your VH4 ?

Cheers,

Fax.

Depends on your presence setting.

Yeah you're right.
But at appartment level, I have to crank a little bit the Presence in order to compensate for the lack of volume... and then the hiss gets louder.

Do you use a noise gate when you play CH3 of your Herbert ?

Tschüss.

No NG ever. I hate NG's.
And there is a little more hiss and have to make a little break I step on a button on my midi raider which is programmed for mute.

And I don't play metal. I'm a Rocker.
Alter Bridge is the heaviest stuff I play.

Back