DIO: Dreamers Never Die

You should be mad! That was a great tour. Saw them at the Oakland Coliseum on that tour.
Lynch and Viv both played their asses off and had great tone.
Dio of course, was pitch perfect the entire night. Truly awesome performer.
Poor Don. Must have been tough getting blown off the stage by Ronnie every night. Even when he was young and could sing, he just didn’t stand a chance.
In a way though he paid a great respect toward Don by having him do some lines in We’re Stars. Now, of course it just could have been a choice of exposure for the song to make the most money as Dokken was popular at that time but I don’t think Ronnie would have had someone sing who he didn’t at least respect or like in some way. Ronnie confidently knew he, himself was a great singer but you could tell he still appreciated what others could do that was there own thing. Plus Don even expressed with great humility at how was he meant to compare to these giants, so if he wasn’t all about himself they probably liked him.

In a way though he paid a great respect toward Don by having him do some lines in We’re Stars. Now, of course it just could have been a choice of exposure for the song to make the most money as Dokken was popular at that time but I don’t think Ronnie would have had someone sing who he didn’t at least respect or like in some way. Ronnie confidently knew he, himself was a great singer but you could tell he still appreciated what others could do that was there own thing. Plus Don even expressed with great humility at how was he meant to compare to these giants, so if he wasn’t all about himself they probably liked him.
I didn’t intend to disparage Don. I saw many shows where Dokken opened and absolutely slayed. I always loved them.

I don’t doubt that Dio respected Don and he wouldn’t have been in that video if he had not.

However, if you watch the long version of that video, when Don is singing, Dio has to coach him quite a bit to try to get Don to be more aggressive and add some distortion into his vocal lines. Most of the other guys just nail the lines pretty easily.

I didn’t intend to disparage Don. I saw many shows where Dokken opened and absolutely slayed. I always loved them.

I don’t doubt that Dio respected Don and he wouldn’t have been in that video if he had not.

However, if you watch the long version of that video, when Don is singing, Dio has to coach him quite a bit to try to get Don to be more aggressive and add some distortion into his vocal lines. Most of the other guys just nail the lines pretty easily.
Oh yeah. Shit Imagine you’re DD and you walk in and Ronnie’s like, “Hey Don, thanks for coming. You’ve met Rob, Dave, Geoff and Kevin before, right?” Lol

Oh yeah. Shit Imagine you’re DD and you walk in and Ronnie’s like, “Hey Don, thanks for coming. You’ve met Rob, Dave, Geoff and Kevin before, right?” Lol
Exactly! Lol.

Can you imagine trying to lay down a solo with the other guitarist that played on that track sitting there watching?
Lynch, Yngwie, Gillis, Schon just blew through it like nothing. Amazing.

Exactly! Lol.

Can you imagine trying to lay down a solo with the other guitarist that played on that track sitting there watching?
Lynch, Yngwie, Gillis, Schon just blew through it like nothing. Amazing.
The irony in that is good ‘ol school, Buck Dharma came in and played some of the tastiest stuff on it.

Back