Douchbag of the Year Award

My first was born in 1983 so I had a lot of time back then to sit and watch the entire MTV
thing through their peak video years. Only a handful of them stick in the mind.

Laziest, stupidest, paint by numbers crap ever? Easy.

ugh.gif

Talk about throwing every stinking ounce of rock cred you may have had right out the window.

Last edited:
I am interested in the Cameron with the his Logo/Brand on the faceplate. Is that simply a visual mod to an existing amp, or a special amp?
The cartoon dippy lights up, then a Hologram of baby yoda appears. Plus it Julien's french fries all for $15K.

Journey are in my top 5 list of bands I would like to never hear again. “Faithfully” can stay though, that song and solo are great.

He got into these bidding/buying wars with Neil on a few guitars.
Guess he would want something and Neil would snag it first.

So,his bone to slam Schon was not to show petty jealousy against rawknchimpanzie .
I didn't know that. How petty. Wow, RC is an even bigger douche than I previously thought. I'll have to readjust my settings and crank up my RC bashing a notch :p

Journey are in my top 5 list of bands I would like to never hear again. “Faithfully” can stay though, that song and solo are great.

Good lord did the major FM rock stations get paid a shitload of cash to play them non-stop? (probably - cash+coke)

But ya, Neal's solos were always the highlight. Dude could make the sappiest song rip.
Same goes for Richrath and REO Speedwagon, who were also getting played non-stop.

He got into these bidding/buying wars with Neil on a few guitars.
Guess he would want something and Neil would snag it first.

So,his bone to slam Schon was not to show petty jealousy against rawknchimpanzie .

This isn't quite accurate.

WildWest has done a number of "Lightning" runs over the years. They started to order some non-white versions which started being delivered within the last few months. Neal has been on a buying spree since the lockdown started last year. The non-white ones weren't even on Alex's radar until someone pointed out that Neal started buying a bunch of guitars from WW.

There isn't any 'bidding/buying' war. Preference and an early heads-up on incoming guitars is ALWAYS going to go to an artist first. It's good visibility for WW. Neal ends up playing them on Instagram. Give it a year, many of the 350+ guitars that he has purchased will be for sale at Bananas with the 'Neal Schon Provenance COA' and the up charge to match.

The whole thing is a running joke on FB. I don't know Alex and don't care what he does. The image in OP was a joke about not being able to get one of the guitars before Neal snagged them. Well, he did end up getting one....

Neal beat me out on a couple of the black over sunburst models as well. It is what it is.

Good lord did the major FM rock stations get paid a shitload of cash to play them non-stop? (probably - cash+coke)

But ya, Neal's solos were always the highlight. Dude could make the sappiest song rip.
Same goes for Richrath and REO Speedwagon, who were also getting played non-stop.

I remember watching an interview with reo where they knew they were writing wedding songs and Gary wasn’t really into it lol. All those bands really had great songs though, you can’t deny “don’t stop believing” or “keep on loving you” or “it’s time for me to fly” are incredibly catchy songs that anyone in any time period can relate to despite being pretty cheesy.

I remember watching an interview with reo where they knew they were writing wedding songs and Gary wasn’t really into it lol. All those bands really had great songs though, you can’t deny “don’t stop believing” or “keep on loving you” or “it’s time for me to fly” are incredibly catchy songs that anyone in any time period can relate to despite being pretty cheesy.
And to this day they are still laughing all the way to the bank

I remember watching an interview with reo where they knew they were writing wedding songs and Gary wasn’t really into it lol.

At least the dude got to play Ridin the Storm Out every night of the tour to keep his sanity. :rawk:

Last edited:
Back