Egnater Clip Collective

Audioholic":16ce1f4m said:
love the guitar sounds

Drums of course need cleaning up. I can tell its not a real kit pretty well. Check this out.

http://www.toontrack.com/videos/Namm_20 ... 0x480.html

I would seriously think about not using the sounds inside your roland, and start triggering Acoustic drum libraries, far better. Mixosouraus, Superior, DFH, all great acoustic sounding kits.

i use Battery 3 :). this is pre-production, so for simplicity sake I just use the master out.

eric

Audioholic":vkh5py2a said:
love the guitar sounds

Drums of course need cleaning up. I can tell its not a real kit pretty well. Check this out.

http://www.toontrack.com/videos/Namm_20 ... 0x480.html

I would seriously think about not using the sounds inside your roland, and start triggering Acoustic drum libraries, far better. Mixosouraus, Superior, DFH, all great acoustic sounding kits.

Superior looks pretty damn cool though. I feel a bad case of GAS coming ;).

Eric

aeroic":1ogdldp0 said:
Here's an EG5 rocking out in a mix!!!

Niiiiice, I really like it. I have a question, where you using singlecoils/split during that interlude/arpeggiated part? That part is great, good use of chorus and reverb but it's still very clear! Could you describe how you pulled that off (maybe it has more to do with mixing?).

Thanks,

Diego

broknstuff":3iw71uvo said:
aeroic":3iw71uvo said:

Niiiiice, I really like it. I have a question, where you using singlecoils/split during that interlude/arpeggiated part? That part is great, good use of chorus and reverb but it's still very clear! Could you describe how you pulled that off (maybe it has more to do with mixing?).

Thanks,

Diego

So that part was the middle coil of my main axe. I use HSS mainly, and it was an EMG HSS (81, SA, SLV) setup. All I did was have a patch w/ my Lexicon MPXG2 w/ Phaser and Delay actually. The phaser runs before the preamp (M4 EG5 Channel A). I had the gain on the EG5 set at like 10 oclock on Channel A, so its really crunchy, but not gainy. It cleans up w/ single coils rather well. After the preamp, it goes back into the Lexicon and goes through a noise gate and then into a Delay (the Lexicon's Echo). I had it damped where it didn't have tons of "slapback" but more of a warmer more ambient feel moreso than a delay. Had it set at 400ms of delay. Its that, and being doubletracked that gives it its depth.

Hope that helps!

Eric

Thanks! I knew there was some singlecoil magic in there, at least I got part of it right. Lately I'm loving the crunch of singlecoils. Even with my humbucking guitars, I love the sound of the coil tap going through distortion. Has a nice single/p90's feel. It may not be the most exactly singlecoil tone, but man it crunches great, just like you had it. Now that I know the EG5 can clean up so well, you've just helped me solidify my purchase order once they start taking orders again (B'man + EG5....then of course later on they'll be the E2 with vox/sl2...)

Diego

aeroic":38hswq56 said:

I removed / readded the file w/ a newly remixed version w/ rerecorded bass and a mastered version.

Eric

John Czajkowski":31ktb1k2 said:
Dude, that is rockin'! Reminds me of Helmet and, well...YOU! :rock:

Very Nice.

J

thanks dude....that's not the first time i've been told my stuff reminds me of Helmet! Thanks! :)

Eric

More EG5 love...w/ a bit of SL2 ChB lead tone love!!!

Eric

Attachments

• octaint6.mp3
    3.7 MB · Views: 880
New version....w/ all but one guitar parts added (gonna add a solo this weekend to it :))....but the rest of the song is done for now :).

There's some DLX love on there now ;)

Eric

Attachments

• octaint-final.mp3
    5.2 MB · Views: 874
aeroic":pmexn58n said:
New version....w/ all but one guitar parts added (gonna add a solo this weekend to it :))....but the rest of the song is done for now :).

There's some DLX love on there now ;)

Eric

Man that tune is so cool, cant get enough of those melodic leads.

Let me know if you ever move out to California and need another guitar player! :yes: :LOL: :LOL:

eric your clips are killer, great recorded tone on all of them man! I also like your use of effects, do you add them post recording or record it wet? I meant not only to compliment the sound of them, but the use of them: It adds coolness without gimicky-ness :rock:

broknstuff":34z00f0h said:
eric your clips are killer, great recorded tone on all of them man! I also like your use of effects, do you add them post recording or record it wet? I meant not only to compliment the sound of them, but the use of them: It adds coolness without gimicky-ness :rock:

All of the guitar effects are recorded wet. I don't do any post-effects other than a high-pass filter typically for guitars. The only "true effects" that are on the mix, is some verb on the drums :).

Eric

Eric,
Interesting, kind of Mesa-ish! That was all EG5?
Who is The Machine by Chuck Davies on your site? Killer song.

Adam,
Great tone man if that is your E-Rec module on your MySpace. I love your tunes as well! I want a CD now.

richedie":1gbj6nbo said:
Eric,
Interesting, kind of Mesa-ish! That was all EG5?
Who is The Machine by Chuck Davies on your site? Killer song.

Adam,
Great tone man if that is your E-Rec module on your MySpace. I love your tunes as well! I want a CD now.

All of the stuff I've posted here is all EG5 w/ a bit of SL2 on lead here and there!!!

Chuck Davies is a really good friend of mine who I work with on production from time to time. That song is one of he wrote a few months back. https://www.myspace.com/chuckdaviesmusic is his site right now. It was written, performed all by him!

Eric

Back