Engl Savage 120

dwizted":1es19vtb said:
I love my Savage :rock:
Glad you're still digging it. I miss the hell out of it but it was overkill for my little studio setup. I may get with Brad and try the E570 preamp...maybe that will ease my pain. :cry:

Well, I'm a new Savage 120 owner. At least, it's on its way to me. Of all the clips I've heard this year, it's the Savage I couldn't get out of my head.

Thank you Brad!

cnote":3i6qsq7p said:
Well, I'm a new Savage 120 owner. At least, it's on its way to me. Of all the clips I've heard this year, it's the Savage I couldn't get out of my head.

Thank you Brad!

Your Welcome Mike. :rock:

I have to say my Ken Lawrence into the Engl Savage 120 on the way to CNOTE was the most heavy sound I have ever had and thats saying something. Reminded me of Marine Corps Infantry! :LOL: :LOL:

That's great to hear! Can't wait to try this into the ENGL then.
Picture006-1.jpg

cnote":370mtm0e said:
That's great to hear! Can't wait to try this into the ENGL then.
Picture006-1.jpg

had a feeling that was coming...by the way is that Brady Bunch astro turf or the nicest grass in America? ;)

Got the Savage today. No doubt it's a keeper. Absolutely crushing. BTW, it sounds much bigger, bolder, fatter than the clips I've heard. I'm not sure if the clips are pre-2012 and the 2012 one is just that much different sounding. But it's a lot juicier, bouncier, fatter than I was expecting, and that's a good thing in my book. I'm also playing it through a 1969 Marshall Bass 100 cab (G12H 55 hz speakers). Which probably makes it sound like that too. I had an SE from 4 years ago or so, and I'm immediately liking this amp better for tone and for just being more friendly to operate. The cleans are no good compared to what I'm used to, but maybe I just need to work on dialing that in, and anyway that's not what I bought it for.

Also, no noise gate needed. This was my one big fear from discussion comments on the Savage. But it's super quiet, non buzzy, sounds huge and brutal. Again, not sure why, but it's not at all what I expected in that regard.

Mines a little noisy but sounds brutal as all get out what I really love about the savage is that it handles the 8 string really nicely. I probably need to check on a set of pre amp tubes as these are the original and have been in there for a few years.

Back