EVH 5150III Stealth Clean Tones

5150clone

Ive sat down a number of times trying to think of something to play and post.
Either i dont have any chops that day or simply cant think of anything to play.
so i decided to show some cleans for a change. Damn, that verb is too much....

That was awesome dude....Great playing and demo.....Getting really close to popping one of these amps :rock: :rock:

splawner":1aojk0my said:
That was awesome dude....Great playing and demo.....Getting really close to popping one of these amps :rock: :rock:

Thanks. Its a great amp. You wont be disappointed.

Sounds great! I had one for about a month, and sent it back because of the clean channel. I would have to crank the volume and crack, I mean litarally barely turn up the gain. Is yours the same? The reason I ask, I was thinking modding my 51503 with the stealth mod, the blue channel was a beast, and the red over the top. I never turned the gain past 11 oclock.

I get excellent cleans out of my stealth. It is one of the features I was really impressed with. Thank you for sharing the video.

Nice! The clean channel on a Stealth is very good. This amp covers everything well. I even like cranking the gain on the clean and lowering the volume. Another tasteful dirt sound to an already fire breather.

Sir 5150clone i am a lot a bit drunk right now so if you dont mind, and if i missed it in the video, can you post the amp settings for you clean Stealth 5150 III ?

ps. nice playing! and dispelling the it cant do clean myth!

pss. were all those effects in the loop?

HilltopExplosion":1n9f7iiz said:
Sounds great! I had one for about a month, and sent it back because of the clean channel. I would have to crank the volume and crack, I mean litarally barely turn up the gain. Is yours the same? The reason I ask, I was thinking modding my 51503 with the stealth mod, the blue channel was a beast, and the red over the top. I never turned the gain past 11 oclock.

Yes. i turn the gain up just enough for it to be audible and it works. i dont use the clean channel a lot but when i do i try to keep my guitar in the 2nd position (notched), add a little chorus and its great. i imagine if you added some compression it would be good too.

DannyM":1g5u1qox said:
Sir 5150clone i am a lot a bit drunk right now so if you dont mind, and if i missed it in the video, can you post the amp settings for you clean Stealth 5150 III ?

ps. nice playing! and dispelling the it cant do clean myth!

pss. were all those effects in the loop?

Thanks. Delay and reverb are the only thing in the loop.

That sounded nothing like the stock green tone in my Stealth. I couldn't stand it in stock form, so I put a 12AU7 in the V1 position and that cleaned it up a lot. But then I had a mod done that keeps the 12AX7 and still sounds like a Twin Reverb. Otherwise, I'd have stayed with the non-Stealth. I need good cleans.

Little clip of the clean on mine. I have to keep the gain way down but I can get a decent clean out of it.

Back